SMSiegman

Jan 17, 2016
California Bay Area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Red
Hi

Just wondering how long it took for people to notice changes in their dogs. My guy is almost 4 years old and I'm constantly fighting yeast infections and itching.

Most of the yeast happens in the eye fold because of excessive tearing. He has been on two different sets of antibiotics plus apoquel and nothing seems to be helping. I tried the Nuvet once before but didn't notice a difference. Maybe I didn't use it long enough?

He doesn't like apple cider vinegar and coughs after he gets done eating when I put the vinegar on his food. He eats Fromm pork and peas with raw coconut. I tried plain yogurt but that seemed to make things worse.

Thank you
Sue - Red's mom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 176

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Try putting ACV in his water instead of his food. Yogurt is not for all dogs. I personally not a big fan of it. When a dog like humans been on antibiotics thats when we would need probiotics. But anything that is pasteurized basically is done with high heat and kills everything. Like useless. Raw milk is a million times better and yet extremely hard to get unless you know a farmer. I rather use the live 12 strain probiotics in your health food store "in" the fridge. NOT on shelves. If I eat yogurt, it will be only plain greek yogurt. Below are a couple links that explains yogurts. To eliminate all yeast issues is you feed your dog raw or home cooking. Just a thought.

Why Not Yoghurt? - Dogs Naturally Magazine

Can I Give My Dog Greek Yogurt? | Is Greek Yogurt Good for Dogs?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have a similar issue with Lambeau and tear stains... I found apple cider vinegar pill form, that I hide in his food, but not seeing any real change for him. I also feed Fromm pork and peas and am beginning to wonder if the peas are an issue... I am holding off on any food change till I get the Christmas tree out of the house and see how he does during th winter months

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I had this issue with FTSE just been in the process of changing his kibble I took him of chicken as he was way worse when eating that and I thought beef too but now not too sure about the beef but don't want to try that as we are going away in five weeks and don't want an issue while we are away so for the time being it's still lamb with the new kibble which so far seems good just hope it stays that way.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hi

Just wondering how long it took for people to notice changes in their dogs. My guy is almost 4 years old and I'm constantly fighting yeast infections and itching.

Most of the yeast happens in the eye fold because of excessive tearing. He has been on two different sets of antibiotics plus apoquel and nothing seems to be helping. I tried the Nuvet once before but didn't notice a difference. Maybe I didn't use it long enough?

He doesn't like apple cider vinegar and coughs after he gets done eating when I put the vinegar on his food. He eats Fromm pork and peas with raw coconut. I tried plain yogurt but that seemed to make things worse.

Thank you
Sue - Red's mom

Hi Sue, I am currently facing issues with Bentley and food. Currently, we are feeding him Fromm's Pork and Applesauce and his poop is like Dairy Cream Ice Cream out of the machine...Sorry for that image...We think it is the protein; however, the Fromm Family of the grain free foods have probiotics in their product even Orijen products. So with that information...I hope helps.

BTW Bentley itches on the Beef Frittata, Lamb and Lentil, Pork and Peas. We do give him Fish Oil capsule daily to help with the itching. His itching is calmed down on the Pork with Applesauce but as mentioned his stools are extremely loose.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I have a similar issue with Lambeau and tear stains... I found apple cider vinegar pill form, that I hide in his food, but not seeing any real change for him. I also feed Fromm pork and peas and am beginning to wonder if the peas are an issue... I am holding off on any food change till I get the Christmas tree out of the house and see how he does during th winter months

Well 3 people with same issues with same food time to...... :detective2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
. His itching is calmed down on the Pork with Applesauce but as mentioned his stools are extremely loose.

Maybe cut back a little to see if it helps? Doesn't pork/applesauce have grains too?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
would you offer a .... oh crud, cant think of the word.... well an amt to give? and is there a way to check a capsule to see if still active?

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Have you considered adding Cod Skins daily? I noticed an immediate difference to Bass' coat being on this (he is also on NuVet and is fed P&P, filtered water w/ACV and un refined organic cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil).

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
cod skins?? that's new to me.... How to purchase?

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I just had a quick look online and Honest Kitchen has them. Will have to check them out.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.