RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
We routinely take care of Missi's ears with Virbac Epi-Otic solution - her Right ear is clean, but her left fills up with junk... we cleaned them yesterday, and today it was back like we didnt even clean it yesterday... its BLACK.... allergies? infection? we can't get her into the Vet until Jan 5th ! (2 weeks?? oh ****!)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
We routinely take care of Missi's ears with Virbac Epi-Otic solution - her Right ear is clean, but her left fills up with junk... we cleaned them yesterday, and today it was back like we didnt even clean it yesterday... its BLACK.... allergies? infection? we can't get her into the Vet until Jan 5th ! (2 weeks?? oh ****!)

We had this problem with FTSE the vet kept saying it was infection but I read here somewhere it could be their food so we have switched Ftse's food to grain free no chicken or beef just lamb and miracle it's cleared up I don't have too much faith in the vets EBN has helped me way more than vets have.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have the same issue with Lambeau... 50/50 mix of apple cider vinegar and witch hazel in spray bottle ... use daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
If it looks like coffee grounds, it's ear mites. See your Vet. If not, keep cleaning regularly with ear cleaner from Concord Pet Supply. See your Vet. Be gentle with the cleaning until proper diagnosis is made.

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Going to 'A' Vet this afternoon, our regular Vet all of a sudden has become extremely difficult to get into (Jan 6th next avail?!?!?!) :cursing::chapped: This Vet is literally across the street, so if Need be I can load up into my power wheelchair, lock her down in my lap w/ her harness and multiple leashed :p and shoot across a 4 lane road :yikes:...... *MEEP MEEP* :grumpa2: :nervous: :p we'll find out if its Mites -- yet I dont see them coming back that quickly (a full colony over night) I suspect Yeast as fast as it came back, and yea, it looks like coffee grounds -- Doesnt the Vinegar burn Christine ? -- poor thing its getting red, Dottie doesnt know the word GENTLE :nonono:-- she's OCD Scrubbing around the house... so I guess its her OCD w/ a junkie puppy ear :p

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Going to 'A' Vet this afternoon, our regular Vet all of a sudden has become extremely difficult to get into (Jan 6th next avail?!?!?!) :cursing::chapped: This Vet is literally across the street, so if Need be I can load up into my power wheelchair, lock her down in my lap w/ her harness and multiple leashed :p and shoot across a 4 lane road :yikes:...... *MEEP MEEP* :grumpa2: :nervous: :p we'll find out if its Mites -- yet I dont see them coming back that quickly (a full colony over night) I suspect Yeast as fast as it came back, and yea, it looks like coffee grounds -- Doesnt the Vinegar burn Christine ? -- poor thing its getting red, Dottie doesnt know the word GENTLE :nonono:-- she's OCD Scrubbing around the house... so I guess its her OCD w/ a junkie puppy ear :p

I confirmed no cuts or infection before i started the mix... but once i did start he ears stay clean as long as I remember to check daily and spray as needed

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
do you just spray... or spray and wipe out? or?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
do you just spray... or spray and wipe out? or?

Spray and wipe when needed, but once they are clean -- I just spray and let them shake

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My theory in these cases is that it is always something to do with the food or the enviroment. You can medicate and apply what ever you want topically, but if you don't find the cause, the problem will always return.

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Vet $123.00 later :p Yeast infection -- Claro Otic Solution -- its suppose to work for a month (we'll see) in the mean time we'll have to start looking at riding the food merry-go-round. (Maybe) What ticks me off, our usual Vet cleaned her ears, and it looked the same, and didnt say anything about a possible yeast infection 6 weeks ago.... Grrrr

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Vet $123.00 later :p Yeast infection -- Claro Otic Solution -- its suppose to work for a month (we'll see) in the mean time we'll have to start looking at riding the food merry-go-round. (Maybe) What ticks me off, our usual Vet cleaned her ears, and it looked the same, and didnt say anything about a possible yeast infection 6 weeks ago.... Grrrr

Yep, Lambeau's issue is environmental allergies... he is allergic to everything green -- including evergreen trees. so, for him it is a year round issue.

the mix will work for her

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION]: I have followed [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]'s advice with 50/50 apple cider vinegar + witch hazel when Castor's ears have been red and itchy (or brownish) and it has been great - problems have cleared up in a few days.

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yep, Lambeau's issue is environmental allergies... he is allergic to everything green -- including evergreen trees. so, for him it is a year round issue.

the mix will work for her

Is it both or only 1 ear for him?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Is it both or only 1 ear for him?

One... the other one acts up occasionally but his right ear if you're looking at him it's the right ear a consistent issue

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
[MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] .We hope Missi's ear clears up soon. It seems to be making the rounds. Bentley was scratching at his right ear before I left for work this morning. I will be checking his ears this afternoon before we play football.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.