Toileting question

ryno657

Dec 23, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chloe
8 month old female. Recently rescued. She doesn't appear to know when or that she is evacuating, both poo and pee. She doesn't squat or hunch, and will usually just drop poop while walking or drip urine. She seems completely oblivious to the fact that its happening. I am a first time Bulldog owner, but have done tons of research and I cant find anything about this or any issue similar to this. We have started to take her out and have her squat when she starts to go and reward with treats. Any ideas or information is appreciated. 20161222_002925.jpg

Thanks in advance.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would have her for a full vet check to make sure all is good, but she may need a week or two to get used to her new home. Keep consistent with what you are doing.. take her out every two hours and find a schedule for her -- reward with treats and praise when she does go, but do NOT make a big deal if she messes in the house. Any 'excitement' will mean good to her - crazy, but just clean it up and do not say a word. But when she does her business outside, happy and reward.

OP
ryno657

ryno657

Dec 23, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chloe
Thank you 2BullyMama!

I should add. We have had her for almost a month. She had a full vet check and all was OK. She did have diarrhea from the food her previous owner fed, Earthborn Holistic Coastal catch. That has since been resolved by switching to Canidae.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.