Cuddles116

Jan 15, 2013
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock & Brink
Hey Guys,

We found out a little while ago that Brink has dry eye and will need eye drops for life. He got prescribed cyclosporine twice daily and I am happy to do them (but he HATES them and gets nippy) his eyes are less dry but it looks like it is aggravating the skin around his eyes :( is there an over counter eye drop that anyone has used or another prescription that may be less rough on his skin? Obviously I need to be more careful with the cyclosporine if there are no other options he just is so angry about getting them that I miss every few days. :eek:

Tuneybuster

Oct 7, 2014
We use optimmune for our bullies dry eye. She couldn't tolerate the cyclosporine

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Monty is on Tacrolimus Drops, one drop, twice a day, for life for his dry eyes. His eyes look so much better although he still does get a bit of gunk occasionally if his allergies kick up a bit. He does not like eye drops of any kind (or having his bum wiped, ears cleaned, you get the picture) but treats help.. It is prescription but a small bottle lasts a long time. Before that he was on Optimmune ointment which although it worked, I found very expensive for a tiny tube and hard to gauge the dose with a squirming dog. An OTC which is supposed to be good is Genteal Gel Drops (human drops). I would check back with your vet as there are alternatives.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.