Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brock & Brink
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Alternative to Cyclosporine?

Hey Guys,

We found out a little while ago that Brink has dry eye and will need eye drops for life. He got prescribed cyclosporine twice daily and I am happy to do them (but he HATES them and gets nippy) his eyes are less dry but it looks like it is aggravating the skin around his eyes is there an over counter eye drop that anyone has used or another prescription that may be less rough on his skin? Obviously I need to be more careful with the cyclosporine if there are no other options he just is so angry about getting them that I miss every few days.

Default Re: Alternative to Cyclosporine?

We use optimmune for our bullies dry eye. She couldn't tolerate the cyclosporine

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster 2013 - Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 RIP
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Alternative to Cyclosporine?

Monty is on Tacrolimus Drops, one drop, twice a day, for life for his dry eyes. His eyes look so much better although he still does get a bit of gunk occasionally if his allergies kick up a bit. He does not like eye drops of any kind (or having his bum wiped, ears cleaned, you get the picture) but treats help.. It is prescription but a small bottle lasts a long time. Before that he was on Optimmune ointment which although it worked, I found very expensive for a tiny tube and hard to gauge the dose with a squirming dog. An OTC which is supposed to be good is Genteal Gel Drops (human drops). I would check back with your vet as there are alternatives.

Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads