Help Needed! Affordable cherry eye surgery near Toronto

Jmolnar

Dec 6, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
I have been frantically calling around to get quotes for cherry eye surgery. I have heard anywhere from 950/eye to 1700/eye. I feel so helpless. My puppy Roxy is 5 months old and just a pleasure. Please, if you know anywhere within a 2 hour drive that could offer a better price. I am desperate.

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
Hi there! I'm so sorry you're going through this...I haven't dealt with this personally as my bully was 3 when I adopted him. However, he did have the surgery when he was about 8 months old. Off the top of my head, I can't remember the exact cost but know it was over $1000. Luckily, he had insurance and it was 90% covered (less the deductible). His surgery was done at the Animal Eye Clinic in Toronto. They have the best animal eye doctor in Ontario. I do have a friend who takes her Boston Terriers to the Blue Cross Animal Hospital (I believe it's on the Danforth) and both her dogs have had cherry eye surgery there - both very successful & she has told me how affordable that clinic is. Maybe give them a call. I know the stress of the money is horrible, especially this time of year, but I would suggest also talking to your regular vet and seeing if they can work out a payment plan for you? I know that my vet offers payment plans. Personally, I'd be more comfortable having a vet I know and trust perform a surgery than a stranger who is below average cost? It's always worth asking. Keep us posted on how it goes. Hugs to Roxy! :heart:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Be advised that regardless of the price you pay there is a high rate of failure with this surgery if the Vet is simply going to tack it back. Removal of the gland is one and done...but then you end up with a dog requiring routine maintenance for dry-eye.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.