Help Needed! Fromm. 4 Star pork and peas allergies

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
No we haven't. We were thinking about giving her deer meat first to try since we know exactly where it came from since Brian killed it. I'm going to look into it, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pick up one of their base mixes there's two one is called kindly and the other is called preference Tyson is on kindly because he doesn't do well with sweet potatoes then add the deer meat as her protein and see how she does. Tyson can only tolerate Organic lean ground beef, venison and kangaroo. Message me with questions & please deliver hugs to sweet Ruthie and crazy Brutus for me [emoji23]

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Pick up one of their base mixes there's two one is called kindly and the other is called preference Tyson is on kindly because he doesn't do well with sweet potatoes then add the deer meat as her protein and see how she does. Tyson can only tolerate Organic lean ground beef, venison and kangaroo. Message me with questions & please deliver hugs to sweet Ruthie and crazy Brutus for me [emoji23]

Awesome! Where can I find them? Never mind, I looked them up. I think she would do good on those especially the kindly..she eats carrots all the time! Thanks, I think we will give that a try.

I will deliver even though B is on the naughty list this evening[emoji35]

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Awesome! Where can I find them?

I will deliver even though B is on the naughty list this evening[emoji35]

If you have a specialty pet store near you they will likely have it. I would call around first because they might not have both base mixes. You can also go onto their website and ask for samples to be mailed to you. When I was trying it out I picked it up from a local store here called natural pawz. Now that he's permanently on it I signed up for the AutoShip directly through the honest kitchen site because I get a discount and free shipping and free boxes based on rewards.

Since she's super sensitive like Tyson I would try the kindly since it doesn't have potatoes in it. That's the one Tysons on.

You can get it on Amazon as well - go with a 3 pound box at first to see how she does on it and if she does well on it you can go up to the 7 pound.

The Honest Kitchen Kindly: Dehydrated Grain Free Base Mix Dog Food, Just Add Protein, 7 lbs (Makes 29 lbs of Base Mix) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LVYI2L8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_cimqybJ1C0AE6

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
If you have a specialty pet store near you they will likely have it. I would call around first because they might not have both base mixes. You can also go onto their website and ask for samples to be mailed to you. When I was trying it out I picked it up from a local store here called natural pawz. Now that he's permanently on it I signed up for the AutoShip directly through the honest kitchen site because I get a discount and free shipping and free boxes based on rewards.

Since she's super sensitive like Tyson I would try the kindly since it doesn't have potatoes in it. That's the one Tysons on.

You can get it on Amazon as well - go with a 3 pound box at first to see how she does on it and if she does well on it you can go up to the 7 pound.

The Honest Kitchen Kindly: Dehydrated Grain Free Base Mix Dog Food, Just Add Protein, 7 lbs (Makes 29 lbs of Base Mix) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LVYI2L8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_cimqybJ1C0AE6

Awesome!

I have a few specialty stores here and I'm taking them Saturday to one of them for their photos with Santa so ill check there first.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My advice would be going raw or home cook. It is not likely you can beat these problems just with meds and changing commercial foods. My experience was that my dog started having yeast, cysts and lost fur on his back like really scary. I changed Acana foods, tried out of despair medical RC foods, but nothing helped. We ended up getting antibiotics because of bacterial overgrowth in intestines and now I home cook. My boy feels good, poops fine, never farts, fur is thick and shiny. I will never come back to commercial food, NEVER! Just read the freaking list of ingredients, it is like 40 of them. How can you figure out which is causing allergy? If you have no time to prepare food yourself, there is always options, in USA you can find nice raw food for dogs. And hypoallergenic food is also not a solution, it is usually soy hydrolysed protein, that means it is incomplete protein and not equal to meat protein.
Personally I don't believe that one has a lot of chance to enjoy easiness of commercial food having a bulldog. It is so convenient and easy, but...Some bullies can eat, but not all of them. This breed is too fragile. Alas!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Raw, Honest Kitchen or Home Cook all the way. You will avoid so many problems of allergies and meds.

OP
S

SMSiegman

Jan 17, 2016
California Bay Area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Red
Hi
Was wondering which of the Zignature brand proteins you use. I contacted Fromm and they said nothing has changed with their pork and peas formula.

Thank you

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hi
Was wondering which of the Zignature brand proteins you use. I contacted Fromm and they said nothing has changed with their pork and peas formula.

Thank you

Interesting...I'm beginning to think that some bullies struggling with yeast, cysts, etc
might be having issues with sugar. The recipes (not just Fromm) with high sugar content
ingredients like peas, carrots, potatoes (white or sweet potatoes) beet, etc and treats
like watermelon & other high sugar fruits. Just like people, some are more sensitive to
yeast than others and have to cut out these foods. Perhaps following a candida free diet
would be helpful, raw and/or a kibble such as Zignature would be better.

Good luck to all bullies & owners struggling to find relief...yeast is difficult to eradicate but
not impossible, educate yourselves, be dedicated, diligent & determined...you can do it!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online