Bulldog Weight?

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Belly is 5 mo. old and 30 lbs. Our first bully Cass was 76 lbs at her heaviest .She was a powerful bully :heart: When she got sick she got down to 63 lbs.

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
I know some new puppy owners that have puppies at 16 weeks are at 30lbs. They will top out about 60+ lbs.

Ok good, that makes me feel better! lol. I know biggie seems to have some long legs and a long body, so we'll see I suppose.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie was 3 years old in December and weighs approx 35lb. She's a perfect weight .. a very petite bully!!

daddy is 8 months old and still growing .. last time I weighed him he was 45lb. He too was very long legged and long body ... looked like they were growing faster than his head. He seems to have stopped growing upwards and is showing signs of bulking up through the chest and body now ... so he's starting to look more like a bulldog!! :bully:

patricia

Apr 8, 2011
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Bulldog(s) Names
Kairos
Interesting subject! My bully Kairos is 2 years and 2 months and he weights 62 pounds. He is a big bulldog and the vet says that even though his weight is good it would be better at 55 pounds! We changed his food recently and as soon as he recuperates from his elongated palate and nostril surgery, he will start a little exercise to get him to his ideal weight. It is a lot healthier for them to be as closest to to the ideal weight as possible.:bully:;)

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Mocha is 47 1/2 pounds. She is also 1 year and 8 months old. Our Vet said she was a little overweight. I really dont think she is. She is very athletic and her muscle tone is great. X-mas 2010 441.jpg:heart:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Biggie is 12 weeks and just weighed in at 21lbs. It seems as though that may be a bit much, but he is very shapely. That, and when we picked him up, he was about the biggest size wise at the breeders, and 2nd in weight only by an ounce or two.

wow! Oliver and Sebastian at 12 weeks only weighed 18.2 pounds and 14.6 pounds. Sebastian will always be smaller because of his heart condition, but Oliver is definitely all bulldog and I think he's going to be really stocky and heavy when he's fully grown.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Well, everyone probably knows about our little Tubs...or should I say big boy. He is going to be 6 months on Friday and he was 46lbs 2 weeks ago. He still has his thin waist, he is just going to be a big boy. He came home to use with A LOT of extra skin. He has grown into a lot of it, but he still has a lot of wrinkles. I wonder if he will grown into his skin or always be that wrinkley!:luv: He has a trip to the vet next week and I think he might be hitting 50lbs. He is very active, but sleeps a lot too! He was the biggest one in the litter and I believe he is going to stay a big boy. I keep checking for that waist line to make sure he is not getting overweight, but so far so good!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gator is 6 months and he is 45lbs. BUT the vet felt him up and thought that it was a fine weight for him. He has a nice svelt waist and booty and a thick front end. His momma is a big girl (not fat, big) and his dad is also a bit bigger. Lucy the Basset however could stand to lose about 5lbs so we have to put her on a diet. I just have to remind DADDY not to give treats! Only veggies! lol Plus, now that there isn't any snow on the ground we can spend more time outside playing and walking.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
But what is ideal? Does the vet say he needs to loose weight because he is overweight, fat rolls or loose skin? Oh wait, that is what a BullDog is?
So is the vet actually LOOKING at the dog or just the number. While the breed standard from BCA has a range for males and females, the individual dogs needs to be considered.
But judges and breeders strongly influence these numbers..

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
wow! Oliver and Sebastian at 12 weeks only weighed 18.2 pounds and 14.6 pounds. Sebastian will always be smaller because of his heart condition, but Oliver is definitely all bulldog and I think he's going to be really stocky and heavy when he's fully grown.

Holy Cow! (Every Pun intended...)
Geez, Biggie is a big ol butt. He really is a great shape though.

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Samson has just turned 6 months old and he is 33 pounds. He might be alittle guy, and he sure is a little firecracker at times. He looks good at the waist and nice thick front end. he almost looks like he could gain a few, but when i up his food he gets the runs. Hes alseady getting 2.5 cups a day so i dont think i should be giving him much more lol... hes just full of energy right now and seem very happy so i just let him be :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Samson has just turned 6 months old and he is 33 pounds. He might be alittle guy, and he sure is a little firecracker at times. He looks good at the waist and nice thick front end. he almost looks like he could gain a few, but when i up his food he gets the runs. Hes alseady getting 2.5 cups a day so i dont think i should be giving him much more lol... hes just full of energy right now and seem very happy so i just let him be :)

Samson looks great. You know [MENTION=2106]mbuxx[/MENTION]..Jake gets the runs also when I increase his food even a tiny bit. Dealing with this right now. :crazy: how can going from 1/2 to 2/3..cause so much trouble?

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
im not sure, it sure is a poopy situation. ;) haha, i put a little bit of pumpkin in his food this morning and he is back to solid !

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Good Day~
I went to the vet for a checkup yesterday. Two weeks ago I was dealing with a bit of a BM problem, GI infection and Belle Star had dropped weight and was 24 lbs. Got the problem resolved, eating fine, all other functions fine and her weight is now.....drum roll here...30 lbs. She is 18 weeks old now. I know the people who have her brothers and sisters of her and they are at 31-32 lbs. So while I am glad that she has bounced back, I know that the next 6 months will be important to watch her as she continues to grow. Her sire is a BIG BOY and weighs about 80 pounds and the mother is 40 lbs.

Have a good day,

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.