Bulldog Weight?

Terry

Jan 16, 2011
Central Valley, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
We just got back from a check-up at the vet, Bubbles is now a year and a half old. She is a very trim 43Lbs and the vet informed us that this is a very petite Bulldog. She informed us that this is good because she will live longer due to decreased strain on the cardio-vascular system. How big is your bullie?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is an excellent weight for a female of that age, body structure (width/height) do take a part in the weight too. As well as age. Mine range from 40-50 lbs.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Orion will be 2 in June. Yesterday she weighed in at 36 pds.

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
last weigh in for Coda was at 42 lbs and yes its best to keep them trim if you want them to live a longer healthier life...ive seen some bullies at pet stores that look like theyre eating for 2 and when i ask they go up past 70 lbs or more ...guess they dont like their babies much.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Last check Molly was 48lbs and Jesse was 40lbs!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
The Big Man (Linus) is holding steady at 77 pounds...and Baby T is up to 54.5 pounds! I won't be able to pick him up soon. :(

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
Just took both bullies to vet Monday sparkles is 7months @ 33lbs she is very small body wise I think and spike is 1year 3months @ 57lbs and he hasnt gained or lost that his normal although dr did say he would lose a couple pounds next two weeks bc he is all depressed now that sparkles is in heat.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake is still young..4 1/2 months. I so want him to be no more than 45 lbs. We have friends who have a grand 5 year old bully and he weighs about 40 . Perfect to me..guess time will tell. Although Jake is a good 10-15 lbs less than his littermates..

pdac1975

Mar 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Wallace (Wally)
Jake is still young..4 1/2 months. I so want him to be no more than 45 lbs. We have friends who have a grand 5 year old bully and he weighs about 40 . Perfect to me..guess time will tell. Although Jake is a good 10-15 lbs less than his littermates..

Hey there! How much does Jake weigh now? Our dogs are just about the same age. Wally weighs about 28lbs at 4.5 months. He has a tall slim build that almost doesn't seem bulldog like but he seems to be at the perfect weight. His legs just seem to be growing faster than the rest of his body....

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Good Day,
While the BCA has standard weights listed for males and females, the genetic and bloodline can make a difference. When I go to the vet, before he looks at the chart to see the weight, I have him look over and feel the dogs body. I know that many many EBD are overweight and it is NOT the fault of the dog. So, owners, if your lovely Bullie is needing a trim down, start now.
I have a very BIG male from S. Africa and he weighs 75-80 lbs. And he is a healthy weight. He is just a very big bone, big bloodline male. My two females are 40-42 lbs. I have another 1 yr old male that is a slender as a boxer and he already weighs 70 lbs.
My recommendation is to be less worried about the actual number and more concerned about the actual body condition. Watch out for snacks, they are CALORIES. Exercise is needed. High quality dog food.
ABEBD~

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Biggie is 12 weeks and just weighed in at 21lbs. It seems as though that may be a bit much, but he is very shapely. That, and when we picked him up, he was about the biggest size wise at the breeders, and 2nd in weight only by an ounce or two.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
I know some new puppy owners that have puppies at 16 weeks are at 30lbs. They will top out about 60+ lbs.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hey there! How much does Jake weigh now? Our dogs are just about the same age. Wally weighs about 28lbs at 4.5 months. He has a tall slim build that almost doesn't seem bulldog like but he seems to be at the perfect weight. His legs just seem to be growing faster than the rest of his body....

Hi [MENTION=2087]pdac1975[/MENTION]..so good to hear from you. Jake was at vet last Friday..he weighed 25 lbs..and just like Wally, he has long legs.I can see his waist when standing over him..and he also doesn't have that roly poly that lots of pups have. I took him to a reunion yesterday with 4 of his brothers..so much fun..and he was the tallest but weighed the least! 2 of his brothers weigh 35 lbs. I was shocked. The 3rd brother is very close weight wise to Jake..I am going to put some pics up later tonight. Left my camera in hubbies car..grrrr..I think he's perfect..but have to admit..felt a tinge of concern that he was getting enough food!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.