Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulldog Weight?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bulldog Weight?

Biggie is 12 weeks and just weighed in at 21lbs. It seems as though that may be a bit much, but he is very shapely. That, and when we picked him up, he was about the biggest size wise at the breeders, and 2nd in weight only by an ounce or two.

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

I know some new puppy owners that have puppies at 16 weeks are at 30lbs. They will top out about 60+ lbs.
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pdac1975 View Post
    Hey there! How much does Jake weigh now? Our dogs are just about the same age. Wally weighs about 28lbs at 4.5 months. He has a tall slim build that almost doesn't seem bulldog like but he seems to be at the perfect weight. His legs just seem to be growing faster than the rest of his body....
    Hi @pdac1975..so good to hear from you. Jake was at vet last Friday..he weighed 25 lbs..and just like Wally, he has long legs.I can see his waist when standing over him..and he also doesn't have that roly poly that lots of pups have. I took him to a reunion yesterday with 4 of his brothers..so much fun..and he was the tallest but weighed the least! 2 of his brothers weigh 35 lbs. I was shocked. The 3rd brother is very close weight wise to Jake..I am going to put some pics up later tonight. Left my camera in hubbies car..grrrr..I think he's perfect..but have to admit..felt a tinge of concern that he was getting enough food!

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

Belly is 5 mo. old and 30 lbs. Our first bully Cass was 76 lbs at her heaviest .She was a powerful bully When she got sick she got down to 63 lbs.
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ABEBD View Post
    I know some new puppy owners that have puppies at 16 weeks are at 30lbs. They will top out about 60+ lbs.
    Ok good, that makes me feel better! lol. I know biggie seems to have some long legs and a long body, so we'll see I suppose.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Maggie was 3 years old in December and weighs approx 35lb. She's a perfect weight .. a very petite bully!!

daddy is 8 months old and still growing .. last time I weighed him he was 45lb. He too was very long legged and long body ... looked like they were growing faster than his head. He seems to have stopped growing upwards and is showing signs of bulking up through the chest and body now ... so he's starting to look more like a bulldog!!

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kairos
    Likes (Received)

Interesting subject! My bully Kairos is 2 years and 2 months and he weights 62 pounds. He is a big bulldog and the vet says that even though his weight is good it would be better at 55 pounds! We changed his food recently and as soon as he recuperates from his elongated palate and nostril surgery, he will start a little exercise to get him to his ideal weight. It is a lot healthier for them to be as closest to to the ideal weight as possible.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

Mocha is 47 1/2 pounds. She is also 1 year and 8 months old. Our Vet said she was a little overweight. I really dont think she is. She is very athletic and her muscle tone is great.-mas-2010-441-jpg
    LisaMarie

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FridayGt View Post
    Biggie is 12 weeks and just weighed in at 21lbs. It seems as though that may be a bit much, but he is very shapely. That, and when we picked him up, he was about the biggest size wise at the breeders, and 2nd in weight only by an ounce or two.
    wow! Oliver and Sebastian at 12 weeks only weighed 18.2 pounds and 14.6 pounds. Sebastian will always be smaller because of his heart condition, but Oliver is definitely all bulldog and I think he's going to be really stocky and heavy when he's fully grown.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

Well, everyone probably knows about our little Tubs...or should I say big boy. He is going to be 6 months on Friday and he was 46lbs 2 weeks ago. He still has his thin waist, he is just going to be a big boy. He came home to use with A LOT of extra skin. He has grown into a lot of it, but he still has a lot of wrinkles. I wonder if he will grown into his skin or always be that wrinkley! He has a trip to the vet next week and I think he might be hitting 50lbs. He is very active, but sleeps a lot too! He was the biggest one in the litter and I believe he is going to stay a big boy. I keep checking for that waist line to make sure he is not getting overweight, but so far so good!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Gator is 6 months and he is 45lbs. BUT the vet felt him up and thought that it was a fine weight for him. He has a nice svelt waist and booty and a thick front end. His momma is a big girl (not fat, big) and his dad is also a bit bigger. Lucy the Basset however could stand to lose about 5lbs so we have to put her on a diet. I just have to remind DADDY not to give treats! Only veggies! lol Plus, now that there isn't any snow on the ground we can spend more time outside playing and walking.

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

But what is ideal? Does the vet say he needs to loose weight because he is overweight, fat rolls or loose skin? Oh wait, that is what a BullDog is?
    So is the vet actually LOOKING at the dog or just the number. While the breed standard from BCA has a range for males and females, the individual dogs needs to be considered.
    But judges and breeders strongly influence these numbers..
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads