General Question Cherry eye

Pebbles60

Nov 28, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
BHruno
My 6 month puppy Bruno has chery eye the Vet gat my a tropical cream to put in his eye twice a day haveing a real hard time doing it is there a eye drop med. I can use.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Try getting behind him and a wall behind you (if the problem is his thrashing) and use a Q.tip

chitownbully

Nov 23, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
KINGSTON / PRINCE
[MENTION=16587]Pebbles60[/MENTION]...straddle him and tilt his head back slightly. I applied cream by squeezing a small amount onto cherry eye, close eye and gently massage cream in. There are eye drops but cream works better bc you can apply it directly on the cherry eye.

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
Is it worth it to get the cream? Is it effective usually? Pablo DEF has cherry eye... His one eye has been droopy since we got him, but this weekend his cherry eye started coming out to play a bit more... multiple times in a day.
I pop it back in, but... then it's back out. I figured I'd need surgery and we were going to wait until he gets fixed.
[MENTION=15112]chitownbully[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:

chitownbully

Nov 23, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
KINGSTON / PRINCE
[MENTION=16520]Thed163[/MENTION] I was originally given drops by vet at his daycare center. It was his regular vet who prescribed the cream. According to his vet, cream is more effective bc it concentrates itself on the cherry eye. There was no massaging my pups cherry eye back in, it popped out with a vengeance. We had it tucked almost a year ago and haven't had a problem with it coming back out.
The cream itself won't make it go away, it just helped with the itching and helped so it wouldn't get infected. Surgery usually can wait, but was not the case in our situation. Hope this info helps.

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
My 6 month puppy Bruno has chery eye the Vet gat my a tropical cream to put in his eye twice a day haveing a real hard time doing it is there a eye drop med. I can use.

Our Barkley just had a scratch or something on his eye and the vet gave us ointment to put in 3 times a day...I thought she was crazy!! Haha. At first I had my husband help me and hold him while I did it and made sure to give Barkley peanut butter after. Then after a couple times he would let me do it all by myself and got excited about it because he knew he would get PB afterward lol. Obviously he is very food motivated!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.