URGENT!!! What just happened? Seizure, cramp, stroke???

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Diabetes in dogs usually starts with excessive drinking and urinating, and they eat good but lose weight. I never heard about human-like type2 diabetes in dogs, connected with being overweight. I believe they have only type1, when pancreas produces no insulin. It usually starts 8 months -1 yo, and majority of cases in female. So, it is unlikely that Bennie has diabetes. But if you go to doctor you can always ask to check his glucose level, it's very easy. I think he is a tiny bit heavy, but not too much, as his waist is still visibly defined.
My hubby is from PE and we know a good vet there, who has quite a bit of experience with bullies, but it is so far from where you stay:(

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Diabetes in dogs usually starts with excessive drinking and urinating, and they eat good but lose weight. I never heard about human-like type2 diabetes in dogs, connected with being overweight. I believe they have only type1, when pancreas produces no insulin. It usually starts 8 months -1 yo, and majority of cases in female. So, it is unlikely that Bennie has diabetes. But if you go to doctor you can always ask to check his glucose level, it's very easy. I think he is a tiny bit heavy, but not too much, as his waist is still visibly defined.
My hubby is from PE and we know a good vet there, who has quite a bit of experience with bullies, but it is so far from where you stay:(

I had a cat who was diabetic, and yes it started w/the drinking and he kept getting UTI'S. It may be something you want to check into Petra... I hope that Bennie is okay... HUGS to you both!!!

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I had a cat who was diabetic, and yes it started w/the drinking and he kept getting UTI'S. It may be something you want to check into Petra... I hope that Bennie is okay... HUGS to you both!!!

He's not drinking much... he drinks like twice a day basically even though it's warm here, and he never has accidents inside or ask to go out to pee often... so I guess it's not that:unsure:

He's still normal so I'm hoping it was a one time thing:pray:

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I Pray this will not happen again to Bennie. He looks Perfect to me, not fat, looks to be the perfect weight.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Poor Bennie - and poor you. Sounds like a scary experience. Good to hear he seems to be doing well now. And he is beautiful - what a lovely face!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Sorry I didn't read this until today. Chumley had a few petti mal seizures and one grand mal 7 months ago. Unfortunately they came back just yesterday and he's back on meds which worked until he was weaned off 4 weeks ago.
Bennies incident doesn't sound like am eizure to me...chum shook violently and foamed at the mouth for a few minutes...lost consciousness during the big one...the smaller ones always involved foaming and shaking but no loss of consciousness....
im sure you're watching him lie a hawk ...hopefully it doesn't happen again!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online