Boeboe isn't using her right back leg!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Boeboe was jumping on three legs this morning:( I gave her a Rimadyl and hoped for the best cos Riaan isn't home this weekend so I don't have a car... Something must have happened in the night cos she was perfectly fine when we went to bed. There were some thunder during the night and I think she might have hurt herself getting up suddenly to bark:unsure: I'm guessing it's more serious than just a stretched muscle since she's still not walking on the leg?

I've felt the foot to see if she stepped on something but I cannot see or feel anything, and by the way it looks it seems like it's the hip bothering her:( I've felt and squeezed and she doesn't seem bothered at all but obviously she's hurting since she's not using the leg... Can the leg have jumped out of its socket? She does have hip dysplasia and this is the hip that's not yet fixed... or what can have happened. She doesn't sleep on a bed or couch so she hasn't jumped down from anything and there's no stairs:mellow:

Sometimes I just hate living in nowhere land!

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Hi Petra, The same thing happens with Jersey about once a year, she has hip dysplasia too. Try standing in back of Boeboe hands clasped together underneath her hip area and gently lift so her hind legs are just barely off the floor. Hold for a few seconds, slowly lower back down and see if that seems to help. This always worked for Jersey, I'm so sorry your Boeboe is going through this, I know how upsetting it is when this happens. Sending prayers for you both!

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi Petra, The same thing happens with Jersey about once a year, she has hip dysplasia too. Try standing in back of Boeboe hands clasped together underneath her hip area and gently lift so her hind legs are just barely off the floor. Hold for a few seconds, slowly lower back down and see if that seems to help. This always worked for Jersey, I'm so sorry your Boeboe is going through this, I know how upsetting it is when this happens. Sending prayers for you both!

Thank you, I'll try that! I carried her outside before and after that she did use her leg a little bit so maybe it will work to lift her like that... She's in bed for the night now snoring away so I'll let her sleep and I'll try it tomorrow.

Does it get better on Jersey right away or does it take a while? Sorry to hear she's also having trouble with hip dysplasia:(

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
I'm glad she seems a little better and is able to sleep. Maybe the way you carried her fixed it! I hope so, guess you'll know better in the morning. It usually works within 5 minutes or so. Give that precious girl a kiss from me, sweet dreams to you both!

Thank you, I'll try that! I carried her outside before and after that she did use her leg a little bit so maybe it will work to lift her like that... She's in bed for the night now snoring away so I'll let her sleep and I'll try it tomorrow.

Does it get better on Jersey right away or does it take a while? Sorry to hear she's also having trouble with hip dysplasia:(

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm glad she seems a little better and is able to sleep. Maybe the way you carried her fixed it! I hope so, guess you'll know better in the morning. It usually works within 5 minutes or so. Give that precious girl a kiss from me, sweet dreams to you both!

Thank you Susan:)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hopefully it is temporary and the holding her up will help. Poor girl.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone<3 she's walking on the leg today, but with a limp... I tried lifting her, I don't know if it was that helping or the nights rest but I'll try to do it a few more times during the day. At least she's improving:)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good to see she is using it now, even if just a little.. hoping it is back to normal tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] Glad to hear that BoeBoe is doing better with her leg. Keep on BoeBoe!!:yes:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Sorry to hear Boeboe too has had issues lately (just read about Bennie). Hope she's fine now!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Baby, maybe she just over extended her leg, or moved wrong. I hope she continues to improve and she feels better soon. Sending hugs and prayers.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry to hear Boeboe too has had issues lately (just read about Bennie). Hope she's fine now!

Thank you<3 She's doing much better but not completely fine... I'm trying to keep her still which is hard with her cos she's a bit neurotic about things:eek:

Oh, and Bennie is still doing fine:)

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Is Boeboe still improving? Wow, I just read about Bennie, I'm so glad he's doing well, what a scare that must have been! Sending warm thoughts and prayers as always for health and all good things to you and your family. much love too... Susan and Jersey :heartsign:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.