WhitneyBlanche

Mar 3, 2015
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Hi all,

Our bulldog has a cold coming on. She's sneezing and congested. I know there's nothing a vet can really do for her unless it becomes an infection. Any tips on ways I can make her feel more comfortable or anything I could give her to help kick this cold's butt?
She got a nasty cold last year and she was very uncomfortable. I'm hoping to stop this one before it gets any worse.

Thanks!

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
You can add Apple Cider Vinegar to her water/food. Get BRAGGS brand and add a capful w/every water change (2-3x a day). Are you sure it's a cold?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would take her the vet for a check to make sure it's not in her lungs... bullies are extremely susceptible to pneumonia. You want to nip this in the bud as soon as possible...

In the meantime you could put her in the bathroom w/the shower running full blast hot... get her to breathe that steam to cough up any phlegm. Or you can use a cold steam humidifier to help her breathe easier...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Get a diffuser unless you already have one, add a few drops of each.... Eucalyptus, peppermint.

Nyala had green guk coming out of her nose, eyes, coughing and all when she was around 5 months old. I still went to the vet to make sure. Gave me antibiotics but instead, this iseme, im not saying others should do it this way, but....I put my diffuser over her kennel and took 2 days she was cleared and back to normal. Like I said that's me...I will go natural first unless it was a life or death situation so yes that would be a no brainer. But for a cold, just like kids, I rather they try to get over it with good old home remedies first.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Get a diffuser unless you already have one, add a few drops of each.... Eucalyptus, peppermint.

Nyala had green guk coming out of her nose, eyes, coughing and all when she was around 5 months old. I still went to the vet to make sure. Gave me antibiotics but instead, this iseme, im not saying others should do it this way, but....I put my diffuser over her kennel and took 2 days she was cleared and back to normal. Like I said that's me...I will go natural first unless it was a life or death situation so yes that would be a no brainer. But for a cold, just like kids, I rather they try to get over it with good old home remedies first.

This is completely random, but where do you get your essential oils? Many people here recommend DoTTera...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
As others have suggested... try steam bath or get a vaporizer with the oils Helene recommended

Hope your boy feels better soon

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
This is completely random, but where do you get your essential oils? Many people here recommend DoTTera...
doTERRA, Young living. You have more choices in USA. The 2 mentioned are a bit pricey. You need to make sure it's a therapeutic grade. It can say pure or organic and it will still be a low grade or not good. If you see example lavender at $5 a bottle well put it back. A vaporiser does not do the same job as a diffuser. Make sure it's ultrasonic as water n oil we all know don't mix. Ultrasonic will break down the oil into small particals and you will be breathing the oils that's coming out. I know it's technical lol. If you are going to buy one buy the proper one once.
4fd880e6fcdc520544f812c465d8d5f1.jpg

That's the one I have. Need to get another one so I can have one at each end of the house.

Oh crap I have dust up there. Lolll better get a chair and not just a dust swifter lol

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.