Cysts or something else?

DHYLTON

Nov 20, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I noticed this raised firm area on my bulldogs neck a long time ago. It is not associated with any other signs (no loss of hair etc). They now seem to be getting larger and there are a ton of growths out of it. You can not see it until you pet him then you notice it right away. Also when they break open they are quite bloody. I'm curious if anyone else has seen something like this? The pictures are difficult to discern but they're white tiny projections out of his skin. IMG_0004.jpgIMG_0006.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How old is your baby? Is that the only spot or are there more of them?

[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D

DHYLTON

Nov 20, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Tonks is 3 years old. We have never had skin problems with him. He eats grain free food and he has been blessed with only having runny eyes/nose with "allergies" but no rashes. There is a pretty big spot on his neck with this. It's not in patches but rather a long line ~ 3 inches long. He has a few new spots that don't seem to be related to it (they don't start with these fleshy bumps) but possibly could be. Tonight now he has refused his dinner (which I've never seen a bulldog do) and refusing to go potty, so maybe something is going on with him.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello and welcome to EBN. I would go to a vet. Looks like an allergy but for him not to eat or potty I would be concerned. Just go and like that you'll know what's going on. Let us know what the vet said.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I agree with Helene, I would go to a vet. With my bullies, I am keeping track of their issues in a notebook especially when the get medicine.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Tonks is 3 years old. We have never had skin problems with him. He eats grain free food and he has been blessed with only having runny eyes/nose with "allergies" but no rashes. There is a pretty big spot on his neck with this. It's not in patches but rather a long line ~ 3 inches long. He has a few new spots that don't seem to be related to it (they don't start with these fleshy bumps) but possibly could be. Tonight now he has refused his dinner (which I've never seen a bulldog do) and refusing to go potty, so maybe something is going on with him.

That is unnerving.... please take him to the vet for a full check up.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=16564]DHYLTON[/MENTION] This looks like it could be Pyoderma,which is a bacterial skin infection. The fact that he does not want to eat is worrisome(it sure would be for me...)
and as recommended,I would take him to the Dr. If my dogs don't EAT-that is a shock to me!

Clintk

Jan 26, 2016
Orlando, FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Marley
If you get your Tonka to the vet, let me know what they say.

My dog had this same thing on his neck, it was a flesh colored bump and would bleed if it got scratched. I went to the vet and was given a 2-week course of antibiotics after she did a needle biopsy and discovered bacteria, calling it just a cyst.

After the antibiotics the spots are a very dark color now and harder than before, the antibiotics dried them up some. My vet said she would just remove them when it is time to get my boy neutered if I wanted, but to just keep an eye on it until then.

He was refusing to eat at the same time as all of this which was what lead me to check him over, discovering the bump and going directly to the vet.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Looks like a cyst to me and I'd be just as concerned about the not eating as the cyst. A trip to the Vet will get you and your baby fixed up in short order.

OP
D

DHYLTON

Nov 20, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
We paid our vet a visit. He did start to eat and drink prior to going in but I wanted him to get checked out instead. They scraped in and said it's not demodex. They are having me bathe him in Duoxo and give him 1mg/kg benadryl every 8 hours. However, he now has new hives all over his belly/making his legs swell so back to the vet we will be heading. Luckily, he is still eating or drinking. Poor thing just has low energy though.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We paid our vet a visit. He did start to eat and drink prior to going in but I wanted him to get checked out instead. They scraped in and said it's not demodex. They are having me bathe him in Duoxo and give him 1mg/kg benadryl every 8 hours. However, he now has new hives all over his belly/making his legs swell so back to the vet we will be heading. Luckily, he is still eating or drinking. Poor thing just has low energy though.

Ugh! Anything in house change? Hives are an allergic reaction... spider bite is a possibility too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online