Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 3rd time urethra has prolapsed!

Potty Trainer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 3rd time urethra has prolapsed!

Hi everyone, we are at the end of day 2 with having diesel home. So far he is doing wonderfully! No puking at all! He is pretty worn out and is sleeping a lot but is happy to be home. The only thing we are struggling with is one of his meds - sucralfate. It's suppose to be given on an empty stomach so I can't give it like i normally would with a pill pocket. I'm suppose to give it in a slurry. Whenever I try he gives me a look like "you got to be kidding me" it must taste gross cause he's not picky. Any advice?

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel10 View Post
    Hi everyone, we are at the end of day 2 with having diesel home. So far he is doing wonderfully! No puking at all! He is pretty worn out and is sleeping a lot but is happy to be home. The only thing we are struggling with is one of his meds - sucralfate. It's suppose to be given on an empty stomach so I can't give it like i normally would with a pill pocket. I'm suppose to give it in a slurry. Whenever I try he gives me a look like "you got to be kidding me" it must taste gross cause he's not picky. Any advice?
    Yay! So glad to hear that Diesel is home and doing so well. He sounds just like Frank when Frank came home from the emergency vet. He was so tired. We had to give him the same slurry as well. I used a large syringe that you can get at a pharmacy, would fill a little of it and slowly push it into the sides of Frank's mouth, the space between the gums and cheek. Then he would have to swallow and I didnt' worry about him choking on it.

Good luck! I am sending positive thoughts for Diesel's continued recovery! Your family and the poor guy have been through so much. I hope he keeps getting better and better.
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Potty Trainer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel
    Likes (Received)

Hey everyone, another Diesel update - he has been home for a week and is doing really well! We had a scare Monday morning when we woke up to a pool of blood at his penis - took him in and turns out he just blew a stitch from his urethral prolapse surgery. No problem, and it was still healing well! We solved the sucralfate issue - we mix the slurry with melted coconut oil and he gobbles it up! We have a happy, playful, and healthy bulldog again!!

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel10 View Post
    Hey everyone, another Diesel update - he has been home for a week and is doing really well! We had a scare Monday morning when we woke up to a pool of blood at his penis - took him in and turns out he just blew a stitch from his urethral prolapse surgery. No problem, and it was still healing well! We solved the sucralfate issue - we mix the slurry with melted coconut oil and he gobbles it up! We have a happy, playful, and healthy bulldog again!!
    Great update... hoping he continues to heal quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads