Thread: Does anyone have a Bullie that has been Altered and still formed Cystine Stones

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk, stetson, sarge, sapphire, chevelle, scout
    Likes (Received)

Default Does anyone have a Bullie that has been Altered and still formed Cystine Stones

I've been told one of the only curatives for cystine stones, is to neuter? Does this mean, bulldogs that are altered don't get cystine stones? Has anyone had their bullie altered and still had the stones come back? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Does anyone have a Bullie that has been Altered and still formed Cystine Stones

Quote Originally Posted by chunkarooroo View Post
    I've been told one of the only curatives for cystine stones, is to neuter? Does this mean, bulldogs that are altered don't get cystine stones? Has anyone had their bullie altered and still had the stones come back? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...ne-stones.html

Have a look

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Does anyone have a Bullie that has been Altered and still formed Cystine Stones

There are a few types of Cystinuria and some can develope stones again and the one the bulldog is mostly effected does not. That doesn't mean that a bulldog can't have the oher type of gene defect. I remember one member here who had that happen to his bulldog and the had to do scrotal urethrostomy. I try to remember who it was.

Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Chunky has Cystine Stones now and will most likely be neutered soon. The vet claims the stones usually do not come back after the neuter.

Here is a link to the thread I have about Chunky and the stones and I will keep it updated with what happens.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...ne-stones.html

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Michele
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barkley and Pippen
    Likes (Received)

My bully, Barkley, had cystine stones removed about 2.5 years ago. We found he had them a few weeks after he was neutered unfortunately so the poor guy had to have 2 surgeries in a month! After lots of research I found that in mastiff breeds they are testosterone dependent and should not come back after being neutered. Barkley has not had any problems since having them removed 2.5 years ago and I don't feed him a special diet or anything like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes Chunky White liked this post

Remove Ads