Does anyone have a Bullie that has been Altered and still formed Cystine Stones

chunkarooroo

Nov 16, 2016
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk, stetson, sarge, sapphire, chevelle, scout
I've been told one of the only curatives for cystine stones, is to neuter? Does this mean, bulldogs that are altered don't get cystine stones? Has anyone had their bullie altered and still had the stones come back? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
There are a few types of Cystinuria and some can develope stones again and the one the bulldog is mostly effected does not. That doesn't mean that a bulldog can't have the oher type of gene defect. I remember one member here who had that happen to his bulldog and the had to do scrotal urethrostomy. I try to remember who it was.

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
My bully, Barkley, had cystine stones removed about 2.5 years ago. We found he had them a few weeks after he was neutered unfortunately so the poor guy had to have 2 surgeries in a month! After lots of research I found that in mastiff breeds they are testosterone dependent and should not come back after being neutered. Barkley has not had any problems since having them removed 2.5 years ago and I don't feed him a special diet or anything like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions