Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I just heard back and they were able to flush the stones out and will be sending them off to see what the cause was and how much of them are cystine. He will be staying overnight so I wont see him until tomorrow and they want him on a kidney diet and of course have prescription Science Diet they want to sale me and will feed him that once he is ready to eat again. I know someone said they would recommend the science diet and that it isn't good.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I hope Chunky is feeling good today! Best Wishes for you, [MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION]!

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
The vet just called and they want to keep him until 5 tomorrow because he still has blood in his urine and they are giving him IV fluids to flush his urinary tract out.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
The vet just called and they want to keep him until 5 tomorrow because
he still has blood in his urine and they are giving him IV fluids to flush his urinary tract out.

Awww, Wes...somehow I missed this thread as I popped in & out this week.

Love handsome Chunky and hoping he is feeling much better & has quick
recovery & no more stones! Starting prayers now that he's home with Dad
asap & sending loving hugs to you as you wait & worry...xoxo

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I just heard back and they were able to flush the stones out and will be sending them off to see what the cause was and how much of them are cystine. He will be staying overnight so I wont see him until tomorrow and they want him on a kidney diet and of course have prescription Science Diet they want to sale me and will feed him that once he is ready to eat again. I know someone said they would recommend the science diet and that it isn't good.

Science Diet is crap but until you know what you can feed it is OK for short period of time, but not for long term/life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Science Diet is crap but until you know what you can feed it is OK for short period of time, but not for long term/life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will talk to the vet and see what it is needs to be avoided and look for other food once I get him back with the food. I will probably just look at the percentage of protein and other values the Science Diet has and go from there.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Awww, Wes...somehow I missed this thread as I popped in & out this week.

Love handsome Chunky and hoping he is feeling much better & has quick
recovery & no more stones! Starting prayers now that he's home with Dad
asap & sending loving hugs to you as you wait & worry...xoxo

I rarely look at this section of the forum so I am sure I have missed a lot of post also. Thanks for the well wishes and I don't know how to act with him away.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Sending Prayers and Positive Thoughts to Precious Chunky for a Speedy Recovery. Please when Chunky gets home give him hugs and kisses from Me and Elmo.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
How is [MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION] doing today? Hoping he came home, and is feeling better. Praying for him!

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
How is [MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION] doing today? Hoping he came home, and is feeling better. Praying for him!

I am going to get him around 4 and the vet says he is doing better and back to his normal puppy like demeanor. I laughed when she said they had to hand feed him since he usually eats in a hurry and has never refused any food I have given him unless he was sick. This house seems different without him here since I got him two months after moving in.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
When you are used to having a dog/or 2/3/or 4, it is quite a hollow sound when they are not around! Chunky will be happy to be home, and you will be, too!

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Chunky is home and looks good but I can tell he is still in pain and weak.

They sent him home with Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF which is a kidney function dog food. What could I feed him instead of this that wouldnt cause him anymore problems with the stones which the vets says are from eating too much protein and not enough water. And its a hereditary birth defect that doesn't allow dogs to process cysturine correctly that causes the stones

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I am just glad to see his grumpy mug again

20161127_201940.jpg