Chunky has a UTI and Cystine stones.

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
My bully, Barkley, had cystine stones removed about 2.5 years ago. We found he had them a few weeks after he was neutered unfortunately so the poor guy had to have 2 surgeries in a month! After lots of research I found that in mastiff breeds they are testosterone dependent and should not come back after being neutered. Barkley has not had any problems since having them removed 2.5 years ago and I don't feed him a special diet or anything like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Chunky seems to be doing better and has another weeks worth of amoxicillin so hopefully he will continue to improve. Then onto Project Neuter

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Chunky seems to be doing better and has another weeks worth of amoxicillin so hopefully he will continue to improve. Then onto Project Neuter

Glad to hear he's doing better! From what I understand about cystine stones is that they don't go away on their own, they have to be removed. Are you going to have them removed too when you get him neutered?

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Glad to hear he's doing better! From what I understand about cystine stones is that they don't go away on their own, they have to be removed. Are you going to have them removed too when you get him neutered?

They will do an x-ray when he goes back to the vet and that will probably be after he finishes this round of anti bionics. The neuter and removal of stones could possibly be the same day if thats what the vet wants to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Let us know how it goes…How old is Chunky?

17 months and I will keep you all updated!! I am glad to see you posting again

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
They will do an x-ray when he goes back to the vet and that will probably be after he finishes this round of anti bionics. The neuter and removal of stones could possibly be the same day if thats what the vet wants to do.

Gotcha. I'm sure they'll just take care of everything at once so he doesn't have 2 surgeries! Our Barkley had his neuter/soft palate surgery and not even a month later is when we found out he had the stones! The vet felt so bad about him having to have a 2nd surgery so soon and gave us a big discount when he did the one to remove the stones. Good luck and keep us updated!

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Chunky goes to the vet friday for neuter and x-ray. Hopefully he its rid of the stone before we arrive so he won't need two surgeries.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Chunky goes to the vet friday for neuter and x-ray. Hopefully he its rid of the stone before we arrive so he won't need two surgeries.

sending lots of positive thoughts it all goes well

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Well today is the day Chunky gets neutered and hopefully the vet will remove the Cystine Stones. Hopefully he will get some relief but I hate I have to take him for surgery

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
Good luck Chunky!!! You're going to do great today!!! Hope you feel better soon!! :heart:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well today is the day Chunky gets neutered and hopefully the vet will remove the Cystine Stones. Hopefully he will get some relief but I hate I have to take him for surgery

:pray: :pray: sending lots of positive thoughts it all goes well

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
:pray: :pray: sending lots of positive thoughts it all goes well

Thanks Christine, I talked to the vet earlier and they said he has a lot of grit in his urinary tract so they are going to try to flush it out and if that doesnt work they will have to remove them surgically. They want me to get him on a lower protein diet so I will start doing some research but I would like to know what percentage they consider low protein.

I really hope this fixes his problems and he will no longer have this issue or any other

Members online

No members online now.