Ann
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel
    Likes (Received)

Default Bulldog Diagnosed with Cancer Recently :(

Good Afternoon Everyone:

I joined the site to get any information from someone that has or is going through the same thing that my family and I are currently going through. Maybe this can also help others as well. I'm very familair with English Bulldogs and have always had one my entire adult life. Unfortunately my boy Diesel who is 6 1/2 has recenlty been dignosed with Osteochondroma in his left maxillary bone under zygomatic arch. I had the tumor removed 3 weeks ago from a top notch surgeon in Southern California. He has been doing really good so far so good. We met with our pathologist a few days ago and he recommended chemo for Diesel. Because of the location radiation will only cause further problems and it would not be worth it to put him through 20 rounds. He is currenlty on Cee- Nu and Feldene 5mg and 10mg to start with. So far he has not had any side effects except today he is constipated. I plan to give him some pumpkin with his dinner tonight to see if that helps. The doctor's said at some point the tumor will grow back and he will need the sugery again to remove it. There is no way to get all of the tumor out sad to say. This is a not an agressive cancer and it can't spread but it is not going away. They say about a year is conservative to say but it's a rough guess. We are just hoping the chemo helps and Diesel won't have any side effects that will cause him to not have a normal life going forward. I'm doing everything that I can for him. We see the pathologist again in 30 days. Does anyone here have any information regarding food to feed a Bulldog with cancer or has anyone here gone through this kind of sitation? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bulldog Diagnosed with Cancer Recently :(

I have no experience with this but just wanted to send our best wishes and hugs for Diesel. I am so sorry you have to go through this and hope the chemo helps him.
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I have no experience w/this, but I just wanted to offer my support and prayers. I will tag some members to see if we can get you some info...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BullyMom26 View Post
    Good Afternoon Everyone:

I joined the site to get any information from someone that has or is going through the same thing that my family and I are currently going through. Maybe this can also help others as well. I'm very familair with English Bulldogs and have always had one my entire adult life. Unfortunately my boy Diesel who is 6 1/2 has recenlty been dignosed with Osteochondroma in his left maxillary bone under zygomatic arch. I had the tumor removed 3 weeks ago from a top notch surgeon in Southern California. He has been doing really good so far so good. We met with our pathologist a few days ago and he recommended chemo for Diesel. Because of the location radiation will only cause further problems and it would not be worth it to put him through 20 rounds. He is currenlty on Cee- Nu and Feldene 5mg and 10mg to start with. So far he has not had any side effects except today he is constipated. I plan to give him some pumpkin with his dinner tonight to see if that helps. The doctor's said at some point the tumor will grow back and he will need the sugery again to remove it. There is no way to get all of the tumor out sad to say. This is a not an agressive cancer and it can't spread but it is not going away. They say about a year is conservative to say but it's a rough guess. We are just hoping the chemo helps and Diesel won't have any side effects that will cause him to not have a normal life going forward. I'm doing everything that I can for him. We see the pathologist again in 30 days. Does anyone here have any information regarding food to feed a Bulldog with cancer or has anyone here gone through this kind of sitation? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    If I was going through what you and others are and might lose my dog, yes follow vets advice for sure but this is "me" I would go a step further and also add "frankincense" oil. Yes some will say WTH is she on about but oils have been used over 3000 years. There is more and more positive studies on Frankincense oil and killing cancer. It is also for pets. Again this is "my opinion. Im not saying it's guarantee but what is today?

How to Use Essential Oils with Animals | DrEricZ.com

Can Frankincense Oil Kill Cancer and Boost Immunity? | DrEricZ.com

Ancient Healing Benefits of Frankincense | DrEricZ.com

5. Likes Vikinggirl, 2BullyMama, TooTooMommy liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I have no experience... so sorry all this is taking place-- sending strong prayers, hugs and positive thoughts to you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I too have no experience but want to send my prayers to you and Diesel

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meaty, Sophie, Professor
    Likes (Received)

I don't have any experience; I just wanna send you, Diesel, and all the hoomans that love him lots of prayers
    and (((( hugs ))))!!! So sorry!

Remove Ads