whofeelsitknowsit

Sep 29, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arlo
Arlo, our 6 month old, has started to develop cherry eye in his left eye. The vet prescribed a steroidal cream, which hasn't helped at all. I was trying to find a non-surgical remedy, and I came across this video. I had heard about massaging, but I was doing it completely wrong. This has helped so far. It keeps coming back, but I'm now able to make it go back down each time. This may be common knowledge on this forum, but I thought I'd share.

https://youtu.be/rZaiFUEWSS4

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
If you do a search in the search box above you will get a lot of members explaining what the did, photos and what they have decided. I too had Nyala's fixed when she got spayed. But you will get tons of info and we will reply to your questions ;)

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
Pablo is only four months, not even, and his lid in right eye is just very low.
Thus, the cherry has popped up. I've massaged it back the few times its presented itself. Plan to get surgery when neutered

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
They usually seem to pop out often when they place or get excited. Nyala is very active and when she plays with her pitbull cousins the blood pressure pumps and she still gets tendency to a slightly puff lower lid. I got to give her time out.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Arlo, our 6 month old, has started to develop cherry eye in his left eye. The vet prescribed a steroidal cream, which hasn't helped at all. I was trying to find a non-surgical remedy, and I came across this video. I had heard about massaging, but I was doing it completely wrong. This has helped so far. It keeps coming back, but I'm now able to make it go back down each time. This may be common knowledge on this forum, but I thought I'd share.

https://youtu.be/rZaiFUEWSS4

This might also help with information.... many here have experience with it and a few times over too

English Bulldog News Forums - Cherry Eye - What It Is and How to Treat It.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
When Ftse developed it I too m assaged it back but eventually it didnt go back so had it tacked back and very succesful

Most Reactions