Nyala rubbing her bum!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Crap! Been couple days ive notice Nyala trying to grab her tail or turn in circles. Now just saw her through the window rubbing her bum side to side on the grass Errrrrgggggggg As most knows, Nyala is always well groomed, clean after each poop back there and in between her tail etc. She gets little spa day once a month. She does that only after each poop. I know when I clean there her leg twitches.
guess I have no choice but a vet appointment :faint: $$$$

Little update...I triple checked seems a little red under her tail. Go figure clean her to a "T" especially that area! I will put some desitin since she cant reach there. vet can wait a bit :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Has Nyala had her anal glands expressed?

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Has Nyala had her anal glands expressed?
No never but I just did it and there's nothing.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I was going to ask if it was moist under the tail .... hope it is not infected

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

It was moist czuse she just rubbed hrr but on tbe grass and her in the morning the grass is a tad frosted
I cleaned it again very well and used the hair dryer as I know she likes getting dried up after her spa day. Little diva im telling you.
I put some desitin and doesn't seem to bother her anymore. I will wash it off tonight, dry it very well and see what she does.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Penny was doing THE SAME thing. BUT- i do have to express her anal glands about once a month.
I also wipe after every potty time and then it dawned on me- her tail pocket. I've checked it here and there and never any issues, this time it was a little moist. Witch hazel and butt cream did the trick! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny was doing THE SAME thing. BUT- i do have to express her anal glands about once a month.
I also wipe after every potty time and then it dawned on me- her tail pocket. I've checked it here and there and never any issues, this time it was a little moist. Witch hazel and butt cream did the trick! Lol

You put witch hazel direct?

I just gave her a soak bum in the bath. Washed her behind very well. I used peppermint organic liquid soap which I always use that for her or even myself....peppermint is also anti fungal. Then I dried her off. I put the big heating lamp above so I cas see better lol it is a bit red. I did sponge with a paper towel and came out moist and was a bit of blood on it. Barely though but yyou saw the wet towel redish. I dried her completely with the hairdryer. I used a dab of desitin and put it under the tail properly. From what I saw its deep under the tail. After each poop outside she is always wipped down. I will go buy some witch hazel. Always good to have around. I can always make a good mix of coconut oil with lavender as both are anti fungal and great for inflammation. Have to wait till it's healed.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

So this morning after giving her a good wash up there, it doesn't smell never did but there is so blood when I wipe.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
...but there is so blood when I wipe.
I assume you meant "no"...

Witch Hazel is the primary ingredient in Tucks wipes. We use those for lots of stuff...cleaning feets, face folds, girly parts, tail pocket, etc. Very convenient.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Meant some

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Probably irritation going in there to clean

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
So this morning after giving her a good wash up there, it doesn't smell never did but there is so blood when I wipe.

I assume you meant "no"...

Witch Hazel is the primary ingredient in Tucks wipes. We use those for lots of stuff...cleaning feets, face folds, girly parts, tail pocket, etc. Very convenient.

I use baby wipes unscented. Will have to use WH from what I see.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

So decided to go to the vet. When I was cleaning out the pocket, Nyala growled and snapped at me and you know that's soooo not Nyala. Nyala is like Errrrrrr Grover on Sesame Street. She has an irritation on the left side and I wasn't going deep enough. I clean her up every day but wasn't going to the end of her pocket. I thought I was...guess not. Vet gave me wipes Malacetic and drops Surolan. Drops are same for ear infection amd she said use only every other day. Like every 3 days. She said to only use polysporin see how that goes. If it doesn't work and gets worse will need antibiotics. She doubts Nyala needs it as it isn't too bad. So there I need a 1000watt light make sure I go deeper. Loll Poor thing!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

So decided to go to the vet. When I was cleaning out the pocket, Nyala growled and snapped at me and you know that's soooo not Nyala. Nyala is like Errrrrrr Grover on Sesame Street. She has an irritation on the left side and I wasn't going deep enough. I clean her up every day but wasn't going to the end of her pocket. I thought I was...guess not. Vet gave me wipes Malacetic and drops Surolan. Drops are same for ear infection amd she said use only every other day. Like every 3 days. She said to only use polysporin see how that goes. If it doesn't work and gets worse will need antibiotics. She doubts Nyala needs it as it isn't too bad. So there I need a 1000watt light make sure I go deeper. Loll Poor thing!

UGH! Q-tips or your pinky to get the nooks/cranys

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
UGH! Q-tips or your pinky to get the nooks/cranys

She used her finger and Nyala growled at her too. I was holding her head so so doesn't move. Next thing you know it was clean and Nyala licking the vet. I'll use pinky for sure or q-tips. Went to buy latex free box loll

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online