Buffs Discharge Notes

jlj781

Jun 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Bufflyn (2011-2019)
Hey guys I just thought I'd try and post the discharge notes we got from the vet and see if anything sounds familiar or if anyone has any thoughts or ideas after reading it. Thanks for any help.
imagepng

OP
jlj781

jlj781

Jun 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
image.png

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
In reading all this,.... I would follow the suggestion of weaning off the pred and going for the test to get a better baseline. I tagged a few members that might have some more insight in reading the results

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I'm curious about the dosage of the pred...how much, how often?
Has Buff been tested for Canine Lyme or Spotted Fever...other parasites...Black Widow Spider bite perhaps?
You may not be able to get it but Apoquel may be hugely beneficial in favor of long term (high dose) Pred.

OP
jlj781

jlj781

Jun 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
She was on 5mg a day at the max but was cut back to 2.5mg or 1.25mg for a lot of the time she was on it. She's completely off it now has been For about a month. and her itchy spots and fits seem to come and go but seem to be better than when she was put on it. I'm more worried about her stability and legs now. It's like she's drunk or very weak she doesn't go more than 6 feet or so without falling down and struggles to get back up. I want to do all I can for her but we've tried a lot of stuff and no one including vets seem to know what's happening with her now or how to begin to try to fix it. Has anyone ever experienced anything like degenerative myelopathy ? We are hoping that's not what it is but most signs are pointing to it ? Oscarmayer. No she hasn't been tested for those as far as I know. Now that she's been off the pred for this long we are going to go back to the vet and try an alergy test again. But I don't know what if anything they are going to do or try for her balance. It's so sad as she is only 4 and isn't in pain but can't function like normal.

OP
jlj781

jlj781

Jun 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Just got back from the vet again she's going on some antibiotics to clear up her stomach itch and ears. Then Apoquel finally came to Canada so she's starting that now. Hopefully that will help her itch for good. From the degenerative myelopathy it sounds like nothing can be done,�� :( he feels no pain but she's just slowly going paralyzed in her back legs and we at some point are going to have to decide when she's bad enough and her quality of life has gone down enough to make the call to let her go :( � . Which is so sad as she's not in any pain her body is just failing her. I don't know how rare this is but it would be good to hear from anyone who has any experience with this. At least we don't have to worry about long term side effects of Apoquel as it seems there won't be much of a long term. And hopefully with the addition of it the last term of her life can be more itch free and comfortable. Thanks for all your help for everyone who has ever offered any. I will keep you updated on how that Appoquel worked for her and any other news. Thanks again

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just got back from the vet again she's going on some antibiotics to clear up her stomach itch and ears. Then Apoquel finally came to Canada so she's starting that now. Hopefully that will help her itch for good. From the degenerative myelopathy it sounds like nothing can be done,�� :( he feels no pain but she's just slowly going paralyzed in her back legs and we at some point are going to have to decide when she's bad enough and her quality of life has gone down enough to make the call to let her go :( � . Which is so sad as she's not in any pain her body is just failing her. I don't know how rare this is but it would be good to hear from anyone who has any experience with this. At least we don't have to worry about long term side effects of Apoquel as it seems there won't be much of a long term. And hopefully with the addition of it the last term of her life can be more itch free and comfortable. Thanks for all your help for everyone who has ever offered any. I will keep you updated on how that Appoquel worked for her and any other news. Thanks again

Can she use one of those wheelchairs for dogs? Keeps back legs off ground and they can still move about?

Sending lots of hugs and prayers to you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.