brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
UPDATE: Jack has a Sub Aortic Stenosis. I guess one of his valves restricts flow back to the heart. Cardiologist said on a scale of 1-100 he is a 100 but he has seen dogs with worse live a normal life. He has to take fish oil and a cardiac med Atenol for the rest of his life. The vet said let him be a normal dog, he could live like this for a long time. He can't give any time spans. He is not a candidate for a baloon procedure because his stenosis is mostly muscular. cardiologist wants to reevaluate him at 18mos.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
The diagnosis wasn't particularly good but it could have been so much worse. If it had been, the vet would have told you to restict his exercise etc, etc. Instead, it was the opposite, let him be normal, that is great news. Jack is going to do well, never fear. You can breathe now!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] I know he will have the best,loving home he could have! No matter the amount of time-it will be the happiest for him that could be!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
UPDATE: Jack has a Sub Aortic Stenosis. I guess one of his valves restricts flow back to the heart. Cardiologist said on a scale of 1-100 he is a 100 but he has seen dogs with worse live a normal life. He has to take fish oil and a cardiac med Atenol for the rest of his life. The vet said let him be a normal dog, he could live like this for a long time. He can't give any time spans. He is not a candidate for a baloon procedure because his stenosis is mostly muscular. cardiologist wants to reevaluate him at 18mos.

Oh Rosalie... I'm so sorry, but you know if Jack can beat the odds you KNOW that he will. Here's hoping that he gets a better diagnosis at the 18mos checkup. :heartsign:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I like your vet. Honest! "Let him live a normal life" You now know what Jack has and just that is a relief. Not what you want to hear but you know where Jack stands. He's going to have a great life. :yes:

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We decided no matter what, even if it cuts his life short, we want him to be as happy as possible. I would feel like if I restricted his play and interaction with Brutus and Frankie in the hopes that he lives longer, I would be doing it purely for selfish reasons of not wanting to let him go. I am hoping the medication will ensure he is around for a long time but I can guarantee that whatever his lifespan is, he will be a normal happy puppy. I did however make the decision not to neuter him and the vet agrees, we should not put him under anesthesia unnecessarily. Jack is acting like nothing is wrong and so are we.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We decided no matter what, even if it cuts his life short, we want him to be as happy as possible. I would feel like if I restricted his play and interaction with Brutus and Frankie in the hopes that he lives longer, I would be doing it purely for selfish reasons of not wanting to let him go. I am hoping the medication will ensure he is around for a long time but I can guarantee that whatever his lifespan is, he will be a normal happy puppy. I did however make the decision not to neuter him and the vet agrees, we should not put him under anesthesia unnecessarily. Jack is acting like nothing is wrong and so are we.

I love the plan.... treat him as normal as possible and love the hell out of him!

Members online

No members online now.