Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Bloody pus-y ooze coming from a lump on my boy's neck

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    10
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Reginald Snugglesworth, I (Reggie)
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default Bloody pus-y ooze coming from a lump on my boy's neck

    Hey all....last week I noticed a hard spot about the size of a quarter just behind where his collar rests. I thought it was just a spot of dry skin but kept my eye on it. This morning we woke up to it being enlarged, about 4"×2" and leaking pus and blood. It doesn't seem to bother him and with a light pressure was able to get rid of most of the pus but it is continuing to leak dark blood. I can't get into our vet until tomorrow morning.
    Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Should I shave the area or put anything on it? I am so worried.

    Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,677
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2356

    Default Re: Bloody pus-y ooze coming from a lump on my boy's neck

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepyhedgehog View Post
    Hey all....last week I noticed a hard spot about the size of a quarter just behind where his collar rests. I thought it was just a spot of dry skin but kept my eye on it. This morning we woke up to it being enlarged, about 4"×2" and leaking pus and blood. It doesn't seem to bother him and with a light pressure was able to get rid of most of the pus but it is continuing to leak dark blood. I can't get into our vet until tomorrow morning.
    Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Should I shave the area or put anything on it? I am so worried.

    Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Hi, I'm sorry you're going through this worry with your baby. I don't have any experience with this, but if I had to guess without seeing it, ( can you post a picture of what it looks like?). I would say maybe it was a cyst and it burst, or maybe it started as an irritation from his collar rubbing?, and it caused an infection, or it could be a hot spot that got infected? The vet will be able to better diagnose what it is, so it's good you're seeing the vet tomorrow. I would just clean the area with some hydrogen peroxide, and put some Polysporin on it until yo van get to the vet. I hope it isn't anything serious and maybe since you were able to drain the pus, it will heal now. Please keep us posted on what the vet says.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  3. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
  4. #3
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    7,266
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)
    8764

    Default Re: Bloody pus-y ooze coming from a lump on my boy's neck

    Usually anything that breaks open can be a good sign as you can clean it. But for sure get to a vet. Let us know what it is.

  5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  6. #4
    Newbie
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    10
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Reginald Snugglesworth, I (Reggie)
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default Re: Bloody pus-y ooze coming from a lump on my boy's neck

    Here is a pic...i shaved the area around it because it keeps draining and I want to keep it clean. The vet had told me that witch hazel was breat for lots of skin issues so I put some on for now. I can't wait to get him to the doctor.-20161031_110708-jpg

  7. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  8. #5
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Manydogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,619
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)
    8120

    Default Re: Bloody pus-y ooze coming from a lump on my boy's neck

    @Sleepyhedgehog I agree it looks like perhaps an infected cyst....but awhile back one of mine had what we determined to be a spiderbite on her side,and it looked just like that. He will probably need antibiotics, and cream to put on it. Glad he has a vet appt. Best wishes!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

  9. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  10. #6
    Newbie
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    10
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Reginald Snugglesworth, I (Reggie)
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default Re: Bloody pus-y ooze coming from a lump on my boy's neck

    Thanks guys. I really appreciate your help. I tend to be a worry-wart, and we've only had him 2 months yesterday so new to all these bumps and lumps! Luckily for us he has been very healthy so far other than a mild ear infection when we got him. I will let you know what the vets says.

    Thanks again!!

  11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  12. #7
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    42,428
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    13729

    Default Re: Bloody pus-y ooze coming from a lump on my boy's neck

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepyhedgehog View Post
    Thanks guys. I really appreciate your help. I tend to be a worry-wart, and we've only had him 2 months yesterday so new to all these bumps and lumps! Luckily for us he has been very healthy so far other than a mild ear infection when we got him. I will let you know what the vets says.

    Thanks again!!
    How is he doing?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  13. #8
    Newbie
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    10
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Reginald Snugglesworth, I (Reggie)
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default Re: Bloody pus-y ooze coming from a lump on my boy's neck

    Just got back from the vet....she couldn't determine what started it but suspects it started out as a scratch and got infected. He had a doggie playdate last week and did some serious playing with some other dogs so maybe. Anyway she thinks it is too infected for justva topical antibiotic so he has pills for a week. Going to keep it clean, and watch it closely.
    Also got her to check his eyes, he has some cloudy spots. Which ahe thinks are scars from before he was rescued and had entropian surgery, so going to give him drops now everyday to see if that will help heal or at least keep his eyes more comfortable.

  14. Likes Texas Carol, TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
  15. #9
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    42,428
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    13729

    Default Re: Bloody pus-y ooze coming from a lump on my boy's neck

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepyhedgehog View Post
    Just got back from the vet....she couldn't determine what started it but suspects it started out as a scratch and got infected. He had a doggie playdate last week and did some serious playing with some other dogs so maybe. Anyway she thinks it is too infected for justva topical antibiotic so he has pills for a week. Going to keep it clean, and watch it closely.
    Also got her to check his eyes, he has some cloudy spots. Which ahe thinks are scars from before he was rescued and had entropian surgery, so going to give him drops now everyday to see if that will help heal or at least keep his eyes more comfortable.
    It happens at times... keep us posted


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  16. #10
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    oscarmayer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,449
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    5147

    Default Re: Bloody pus-y ooze coming from a lump on my boy's neck

    Wow...that looks like a spider bite to me. Yes, watch it closely. If it doesn't start to heal quickly then he might need to see the vet again...possibly for an oral or injected antibiotic.

    saving as many as we can for the sake of Bullykind

  17. #11
    Newbie
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    10
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Reginald Snugglesworth, I (Reggie)
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default Re: Bloody pus-y ooze coming from a lump on my boy's neck

    Absolutely!

  18. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •