Thread: My little man has got lymphoma

Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    George RIP Bentley and Betsy
    Likes (Received)

Default My little man has got lymphoma

Hi

This week we found out our little man George had lymphoma he is 2 in December we are absolutely heart broken he is such a good boy and loves everyone, he has started chemo and today is his s cons day after chemo he was fine yesterday and ate well but this morning he has been sick several times , was just wondering if anyone else was going through this with their baby too as just looking for some moral support and advise . Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My little man has got lymphoma

I lost My wonderful Tilly to this at just turned 4 years of age .
    we did not go with chemo , they went with steroid injections , the prognosis was not good from the start, it spread to all nodes quickly and i had to send her on her way to the rainbow bridge . Like George she was very much part of My life a wonderful friendly Bully , I still miss her something terrible . That last 4 months i spent every single minute with her and her with Me . The vets office closed the office the day we planned for as they also loved her as much as Me there was not a dry eye in the place they were truly wonderful to us , we had a wake after she went to the rainbow bridge which helped Me so very much, it took months for Me to get over her passing truly. I went threw every kind of grief know to man , from the breeder forward to looking into how many Bulldogs get cancer , I was not fun to be around .
    I had been a member here for ages and came here with my so deep a grief for Tilly , the support I received here from so many people was beyond words and i mean the people here were wonderful.
    App 6- 8 months later i decided to get another Bulldog , a pup 8 weeks old . Now I had 4 dogs after loosing Tilly a Cane Corso , Siberian Husky, Malamute lab mix, and Diva all saves , Diva was a 11 year old Bulldog that came to our home from a bad situation 4 years previous she also came with Breast Cancer which we dealt with and was given a clean bill of health after app 6 months of treatment again steroid treatments. We picked up our new Bully Rosie and brought her home Diva who missed Tilly as much as I did turned into Mother Hubbard she acted as her MuM in every-way, it turned out to be the best thing i ever did for Me and Diva and the others in the pack .
    Diva passed from breast cancer app 8 months later she was 12 years old , Rosie is now just over a year fit as a fiddle and full of Pee and Vinegar.
    I am sorry this is happening and I understand this is not the most supportive of reply,s I am sorry, but for Me it is what I went threw and thought you should be aware ,It is a very tough Cancer to cure .
    My prayers are with you and George and your family .
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

3. Likes TyTysmom, helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I'm so heartbroken to read this about your baby George... we would love to see some pics of him. Sending lots of hugs and prayers, please keep us posted on his treatments.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Caitlin
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biscuit
    Likes (Received)

I am so sorry. I have not had a dog with it but my cat was diagnosed at age 4. There was a large tumor on her neck, we got it removed and started steroids. We opted not to go the chemo route because the prognosis was so slim. Unfortunately she went down hill very fast and we lost her a year later. Praying for you both!

Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    George RIP Bentley and Betsy
    Likes (Received)

Hi

Thank you all for your kind messages and so sorry of you loss natsky242 these lovely dogs really get into our hearts don't they , George had his first chemo on Wednesday yesterday he was fine but last night he was sick 5 times then slept most of the day he has had some boiled chicken and rice and fingers crossed he has managed to keep that down but still has really bad upset stomach but that is to be expected fingers crossed George will turn a corner tomorrow. I hope I have done it right and managed to attach some more pictures of my baby .-image-jpg-image-jpeg

8. Likes 2BullyMama, sisters3 liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

I am so sorry to hear about your poor boy. I do hope the chemo can help him. I have no experience with this (thankfully) but just wanted to send my best wishes to you and George.
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Sorry to be reading this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Hug your bully today

Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry to hear this..prayers that the treatment heals his body.

Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

What a beautiful boy! I'm so sorry to hear what your going through! I don't have any advice to offer, but I can offer prayers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

Drool Catcher
    Real Name
    Laura
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Apollo
    Likes (Received)

He's a beautiful boy!! Keeping your baby and family in my prayers. Keep the faith that he will come out of this completely!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

14. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Not much I can say buy just be there for George ehich we know you'll be. He needs his momma even more now. Positive thinging and faith.

Bully Bootie Duty Old School Dropout's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

I'm sorry to hear about George having to deal with this, he is young and strong though so that is in his favor. I've been a dog person my whole life but this breed is something special, my EBD pup is 6 months old and he already has a place in my heart. Stay positive and I'll be hoping for a full recovery for your little man.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads