Poorgey

May 17, 2016
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
George RIP Bentley and Betsy
Hi

This week we found out our little man George had lymphoma he is 2 in December we are absolutely heart broken he is such a good boy and loves everyone, he has started chemo and today is his s cons day after chemo he was fine yesterday and ate well but this morning he has been sick several times , was just wondering if anyone else was going through this with their baby too as just looking for some moral support and advise . Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I lost My wonderful Tilly to this at just turned 4 years of age .
we did not go with chemo , they went with steroid injections , the prognosis was not good from the start, it spread to all nodes quickly and i had to send her on her way to the rainbow bridge . Like George she was very much part of My life a wonderful friendly Bully , I still miss her something terrible . That last 4 months i spent every single minute with her and her with Me . The vets office closed the office the day we planned for as they also loved her as much as Me there was not a dry eye in the place they were truly wonderful to us , we had a wake after she went to the rainbow bridge which helped Me so very much, it took months for Me to get over her passing truly. I went threw every kind of grief know to man , from the breeder forward to looking into how many Bulldogs get cancer , I was not fun to be around .
I had been a member here for ages and came here with my so deep a grief for Tilly , the support I received here from so many people was beyond words and i mean the people here were wonderful.
App 6- 8 months later i decided to get another Bulldog , a pup 8 weeks old . Now I had 4 dogs after loosing Tilly a Cane Corso , Siberian Husky, Malamute lab mix, and Diva all saves , Diva was a 11 year old Bulldog that came to our home from a bad situation 4 years previous she also came with Breast Cancer which we dealt with and was given a clean bill of health after app 6 months of treatment again steroid treatments. We picked up our new Bully Rosie and brought her home Diva who missed Tilly as much as I did turned into Mother Hubbard she acted as her MuM in every-way, it turned out to be the best thing i ever did for Me and Diva and the others in the pack .
Diva passed from breast cancer app 8 months later she was 12 years old , Rosie is now just over a year fit as a fiddle and full of Pee and Vinegar.
I am sorry this is happening and I understand this is not the most supportive of reply,s I am sorry, but for Me it is what I went threw and thought you should be aware ,It is a very tough Cancer to cure .
My prayers are with you and George and your family .

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so heartbroken to read this about your baby George... we would love to see some pics of him. Sending lots of hugs and prayers, please keep us posted on his treatments.

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
I am so sorry. I have not had a dog with it but my cat was diagnosed at age 4. There was a large tumor on her neck, we got it removed and started steroids. We opted not to go the chemo route because the prognosis was so slim. Unfortunately she went down hill very fast and we lost her a year later. Praying for you both!

OP
P

Poorgey

May 17, 2016
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
George RIP Bentley and Betsy
Hi

Thank you all for your kind messages and so sorry of you loss natsky242 these lovely dogs really get into our hearts don't they , George had his first chemo on Wednesday yesterday he was fine but last night he was sick 5 times then slept most of the day he has had some boiled chicken and rice and fingers crossed he has managed to keep that down but still has really bad upset stomach but that is to be expected fingers crossed George will turn a corner tomorrow. I hope I have done it right and managed to attach some more pictures of my baby . image.jpgimage.jpeg

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am so sorry to hear about your poor boy. I do hope the chemo can help him. I have no experience with this (thankfully) but just wanted to send my best wishes to you and George.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
What a beautiful boy! I'm so sorry to hear what your going through! I don't have any advice to offer, but I can offer prayers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BullyBoston

Jan 14, 2016
Boston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo
He's a beautiful boy!! Keeping your baby and family in my prayers. Keep the faith that he will come out of this completely!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Not much I can say buy just be there for George ehich we know you'll be. He needs his momma even more now. Positive thinging and faith. :assurred:

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I'm sorry to hear about George having to deal with this, he is young and strong though so that is in his favor. I've been a dog person my whole life but this breed is something special, my EBD pup is 6 months old and he already has a place in my heart. Stay positive and I'll be hoping for a full recovery for your little man.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have no experience but sending you and George lots of positive thoughts, prayers and hugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Best wishes and a big hug to beautiful George from Castor

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sending many prayers for George. GOD be with him and his family.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online