Real Name
    Brian and Lynne
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey (Dolly rehomed)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Vets..then and now..money money money

I would wash Jax right away to eliminate any giardia cysts on the coat, and wash anus last. Clean the bedding. You can try giving Jax natural anti wormers ( see link below ). If you want to get Jax tested the ELISA test is more accurate, but it will show positive for 6 months after successful treatment of a giardia infection, so if Jax had giardia within last 6 months and was healthy now, it would still show positive. You can use panacur daily for 5 days treatment if you want to go pharmaceutical route.

Preventing And Treating Worms In Dogs - Dogs Naturally Magazine

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    I would wash Jax right away to eliminate any giardia cysts on the coat, and wash anus last. Clean the bedding. You can try giving Jax natural anti wormers ( see link below ). If you want to get Jax tested the ELISA test is more accurate, but it will show positive for 6 months after successful treatment of a giardia infection, so if Jax had giardia within last 6 months and was healthy now, it would still show positive. You can use panacur daily for 5 days treatment if you want to go pharmaceutical route.

Preventing And Treating Worms In Dogs - Dogs Naturally Magazine
    Jax has giardia twice but it's been years. He gets a bath every Sunday and I wash blankets today too. If he has it, I want to treat him before the puppy comes home. And I know it's not the daycare's fault, all it takes is one dig bringing it in. And they require fecal tests every 6 months. I just wish I knew beforehand. Like, maybe they should create an email database and then send out a blast email to everyone so we know. I'll look at the link you provided. Again, I will probably do a test in a week or so as I know there are t always the usual symptoms.

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Doggie Boutique Owner
    Real Name
    Brian and Lynne
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey (Dolly rehomed)
    Likes (Received)

Quick summary of natural dewormers, use some combination of below:
    1 tablespoon per day of diatomaceous earth ( 2 tsp if under 55 pounds ) with ground up pumpkin seeds ( 1 teaspoon per 10 pounds ), a clove of garlic ground up, shredded carrot (1/2 tsp per 10 pounds), 2 tsp dried coconut, wheat germ oil or pumpkin seed oil (1/4 tsp per 10 pounds) , papaya (2-3 tsp), 1/2 clove
    Give daily for 10 days.

Another reference: Ottawa Valley Dog Whisperer : DIY Natural, Herbal Dewormers for Dogs and Cats

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads