General Question Vomit..

Grecbro

Dec 5, 2014
New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gigi
Hey everyone..I have a concern / question regarding my little girl. She's 5 yrs old and just recently started vomiting almost on a daily basis a few days ago. We have switched her diet due to allergies over the past few weeks but I don't think there's a connection between the two being that it wasn't an issue for over a month. Basically nothing new has happened in weeks and this just started maybe 5 days ago. We are taking her to the vet in about 2 hours but was just curious if anybody has had any issues similar to this or can help in any way. We came home to vomit pretty much all over the room that she's in while we are at work. So we are going to the vet today. Thanks in advance , appreciate any input you may have.. Joe&Cindy and (GiGi)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hey everyone..I have a concern / question regarding my little girl. She's 5 yrs old and just recently started vomiting almost on a daily basis a few days ago. We have switched her diet due to allergies over the past few weeks but I don't think there's a connection between the two being that it wasn't an issue for over a month. Basically nothing new has happened in weeks and this just started maybe 5 days ago. We are taking her to the vet in about 2 hours but was just curious if anybody has had any issues similar to this or can help in any way. We came home to vomit pretty much all over the room that she's in while we are at work. So we are going to the vet today. Thanks in advance , appreciate any input you may have.. Joe&Cindy and (GiGi)

Is it possible she could have eaten something she shouldn't have? A toy? Sock? It could be that, or an allergic reaction to the new food? Is she vomited full pieces of kibble? Yellow bile? Also how are her stools?

I would definitely have them take x-rays to see if anything is in her belly that shouldn't be.

OP
G

Grecbro

Dec 5, 2014
New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gigi
She's been fine with the food for actually a couple months. Until today, she seemed "normal" except for the vomiting. But today she seems very lethargic and the vomit was waaay more than it's been. As for eating something, who knows..she destroys every toy we give her and puts her face in everything outside, and that's supervised.lol. Goin in a few to the vet, I'll suggest an X-ray and hope they have something useful for us. Thanks again for your help

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
That does sound like she could have a blockage. Ultrasound and x-ray are needed. Not everything is visible with eather.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Sounds like a blockage...X-Ray time. Poor baby...I hope she gets back to normal quickly.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
How did it go at the vet's? Hope Gigi will be fine soon!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Sounds like some type of blockage. I had a similar problem with Amber this summer; she ate something on the farm either in the chicken coop or on the ground. We didn't get to the ex-rays because once they tried to grab her feet she got so scared they literally scared the crap out of her and the whole room was covered in poop to include the vet and his assistance. lol; Amber came out feeling great, no more blockage. I hope everything turns out ok, good luck.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Please do keep us posted on Gigi. I am worried about her, sounds just like a blockage like everyone said here. I Pray Gigi will be ok and back to her Beautiful self really soon.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hoping to hear some good news about GiGi [MENTION=13314]Grecbro[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She's been fine with the food for actually a couple months. Until today, she seemed "normal" except for the vomiting. But today she seems very lethargic and the vomit was waaay more than it's been. As for eating something, who knows..she destroys every toy we give her and puts her face in everything outside, and that's supervised.lol. Goin in a few to the vet, I'll suggest an X-ray and hope they have something useful for us. Thanks again for your help

Any update?

OP
G

Grecbro

Dec 5, 2014
New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gigi
Thanks so much for all the support..she has no pain anywhere so the vet suggested she take an antibiotic for 5 days to calm down her stomach and she had some sort of shot, sorry not sure what it was..if she wasn't better within like a day or two we would go take an X-ray. So she's been completely fine since we left the vet yesterday and no vomiting at all. So all is well for now..thank you again for all your concern.

Attachments

• IMG_1026.JPG
    IMG_1026.JPG
    472.4 KB · Views: 128

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Glad to hear Gigi is feeling better! She's a cutie!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks so much for all the support..she has no pain anywhere so the vet suggested she take an antibiotic for 5 days to calm down her stomach and she had some sort of shot, sorry not sure what it was..if she wasn't better within like a day or two we would go take an X-ray. So she's been completely fine since we left the vet yesterday and no vomiting at all. So all is well for now..thank you again for all your concern.

Great news.... she sure is a beauty!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.