Yeast infection in eye folds

SMSiegman

Jan 17, 2016
California Bay Area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Red
My dog Red has tear stains which I had under control until recently. He is also licking at his paws.

He now has a yeast infection and I have tried Monistat which doesn't seem to be helping. Does anyone have any good recommendations for clearing up yeast?

Thank you
Sue

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I think apple cider vinegar in the drinking water or as a cleanser will help. Use raw and unfiltered. I think a lot of our dogs are getting itchy paws with the changing seasons. We have been doing Epsom salt bath soaks.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
If the infection is really bad, you may need to see a vet for stronger meds, like Animax ointment. You could try cleaning with witch hazel, give it a few mins to dry then apply some desitin (baby ointment) to see if it helps. But once yeast takes over, you need stronger meds. What are you feeding? That could be the cause? Or environmental depending on where you live.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sounds like an allergy. What food is your dog eating?

If the infection is really bad, you may need to see a vet for stronger meds, like Animax ointment. You could try cleaning with witch hazel, give it a few mins to dry then apply some desitin (baby ointment) to see if it helps. But once yeast takes over, you need stronger meds. What are you feeding? That could be the cause? Or environmental depending on where you live.

sure sounds like an allergy of some type

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online