Cherry Eye - How much of a problem is it?

mikeyjm26

Sep 15, 2016
Glasgow
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi guys,

I was looking at a dog and noticed that the owner has mentioned that it had one eye corrected when he was younger and now he has cherry eye in the other eye. He is 2 years old but I am not sure if the owner has had the problem eye treated yet. As much as I really like the look of the dog my gut feeling is to not have anything to do with it as it will be an expense I will need to deal with straight away and will possibly have complications later on.

What is the roughly the cost to sort the problem?

Thanks in advance

Mikey

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Go with your gut! Nyala had a cherry eye but had it fixed when she got spayed as was under anyway so did both at the same time. Saved on the bill. A few of us had that issue with our dogs and a lot the cherry eye came back. It's a lot of money for sure especially if it's not your dog. Yup to you :)

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
The dog will need to have it fixed, there will be problems later on if not:( Cost wise I don't know since I'm not in the UK but here in South Africa it's not to bad actually. If the cherry eye just popped out it could possibly work to gently massage it back in, but if it has been like that for a while I doubt it will work...

OP
M

mikeyjm26

Sep 15, 2016
Glasgow
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I don't think he has been neutered either so I suppose if we did get him we would get that done at the same time. Although I don't think he will take to kindly to us having to get those things done just after getting him. The thing is he looks lovely, he is exactly the type of dog we are after and if it wasn't for the cherry eye I would without a doubt take him.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I don't think he has been neutered either so I suppose if we did get him we would get that done at the same time. Although I don't think he will take to kindly to us having to get those things done just after getting him. The thing is he looks lovely, he is exactly the type of dog we are after and if it wasn't for the cherry eye I would without a doubt take him.

Cost me, spayed n cherry eye almost $1000. Canadian dollars

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My dog has cherry eye in both eyes, they pop out now and then, approximately once a month, after he is very active, but I apply tobramycin eye drops and massage it back, and it is fine for some time. Not going for surgery as here in China they can only cut it away, leaving dog with dry eye. From my experience, it is not something super serious or requiring immediate surgery. Also, keep in mind, that very rarely you get a bullie without health issues, this is extremely high maintenance breed, you have to be ready for it financially, and cherry eye isn't the most expensive problem. What I want to say, may be this dog isn't a bad option, if you like him and cherry eye is the only health issue.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.