Came home yesterday to blood everywhere

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
It's been a week since Dozer's tail amputation and when I got home yesterday, there was blood all over my comforter and pillows. I immediately thought "OMGosh, he's incision popped open." It looked like a crime scene in my bedroom. Come to find out there was a little spot not around the incision that was bleeding, a constant stream. I immediately called the vet and sent pictures. Got him in this morning to find out his anal gland was clogged and had made a little abscess, so he is now on an antibiotic for that and goes back in two weeks. Oh this boy is going to be the death of me. LOL. He's lucky I'm crazy about him. All in all, just thankful for the vets at University of Florida and all their assistance and my local vet too.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Oh heck! I would have freaked-out briefly then assess where my kids are and look at them.

Yeah know...if it's not one thing, then it is another. My Jewel hurt herself and tore her CCL and is now facing surgery.

OP
BuddercupKelly

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
OMGosh. I'm sorry to hear that. You're right, it's always something. It's a good thing they are worth it. LOL

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
OMGosh. I'm sorry to hear that. You're right, it's always something. It's a good thing they are worth it. LOL

Yes indeed and she loves to chase squirrels lately. I take her out in the evening and looks like she is a Druid the way she looks up at the tall White Oak.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Oh no. I hope he's OK now. My dachshund recently had an abscessed anal gland but with meds it healed up pretty quickly. The worst part was "the cone of shame"!!

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Omg that is so scary! I'm glad it wasn't too serious. Murray and I are sending hugs and healing thoughts your way

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=10758]BuddercupKelly[/MENTION] Geez, the vets were right in the area,they should have checked that out while they were there! Just goes ta' show ya', it's always sumpthin!
Hoping that all heals quickly. Alls well if his end's well!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:whew: so good it was not torn incision.... happy he is healing up and doing better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh heck! I would have freaked-out briefly then assess where my kids are and look at them.

Yeah know...if it's not one thing, then it is another. My Jewel hurt herself and tore her CCL and is now facing surgery.

What happened with Jewel?! Am I forgetting or did i miss the post?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What happened with Jewel?! Am I forgetting or did i miss the post?

Well I have not put anything out there yet except in a couple of posts. But yes she tore her CCL in her left hindquarter last week playing ball. She is 64 pounds and jumped up and landed wrong. She was fine afterwards so did not think anything of it. We have a Ortho visit

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well I have not put anything out there yet except in a couple of posts. But yes she tore her CCL in her left hindquarter last week playing ball. She is 64 pounds and jumped up and landed wrong. She was fine afterwards so did not think anything of it. We have a Ortho visit

UGH! I hope you can do something without surgery

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

OMG...I'm so sorry to hear this! Starting prayers over her recovery (w/out surgery) now!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad that's all it was. Hope he gets better soon.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG...I'm so sorry to hear this! Starting prayers over her recovery (w/out surgery) now!

Thank you. My wife and I have already concluded that if Jewel is going to have a good quality of life that the surgery is probably the way to go. Although, probably going to have to get a line of credit on the house to pay for the surgery which is about $3800 now. Plus we do trust the Ortho vet doing the surgery and I will have to recommend him to our vet list.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.