URGENT!!! Hard Lump On Hind Leg!

Diesel10

Nov 29, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
My 1yo male bully has had a hard lump on his right hind leg for about a month. At first I thought maybe it was a reaction to his vaccination he got in that area. But it's not going away. We called the vet and have an appt for end of the month, plus on the cancellation list. I'm worried it's cancer. Anyone have any experience with this?? image.jpeg

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
You could try shaving the area and see what is under there. Bully hair doesn't grow back fast though in my experience. I would monitor growth and pain. I don't have a lot of experience with bumps outside of allergies so you may want to wait for others to chime in.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
My 1yo male bully has had a hard lump on his right hind leg for about a month. At first I thought maybe it was a reaction to his vaccination he got in that area. But it's not going away. We called the vet and have an appt for end of the month, plus on the cancellation list. I'm worried it's cancer. Anyone have any experience with this??View attachment 101396

Well it could be a seroma (i.e. fluid filled sack) and are usually caused by trauma. Did Diesel run into something maybe? Bumped the coffee table while running in the house or running up the stairs.

Dog Hematoma | Dog Seroma | Aural Hematoma in Dogs | petMD

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
You can try to put some heat on it. Take a wash cloth, wet it, put it in the microwave for about 45 seconds. If it is hot then wrap in another towel and place it on the affected area 5 minutes 3-4 times a day. It will take a while for the body to reabsorb the fluid.

Bentley have one and it took it 8 weeks to finally go away.

OP
D

Diesel10

Nov 29, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Thanks everyone for your replies, I'm the biggest worry wart. It is not painful for him at all, I've been poking at it for awhile now. I don't recall him bumping into anything specifically but he still has his puppy playfulness so I wouldn't put it past him. I will try with warm cloth. I'll keep you all posted!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone for your replies, I'm the biggest worry wart. It is not painful for him at all, I've been poking at it for awhile now. I don't recall him bumping into anything specifically but he still has his puppy playfulness so I wouldn't put it past him. I will try with warm cloth. I'll keep you all posted!

You will still need to let a vet look at it just to be sure. A picture vs the actual patient are two different things. Nonetheless please keep us posted on what the vet says. Sending you positive vibes and prayers that it is really nothing.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Also, Seromas are non-tender whereas a hematoma (blood filled sac) mostly is. It will be interesting to hear what the vet says.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My 1yo male bully has had a hard lump on his right hind leg for about a month. At first I thought maybe it was a reaction to his vaccination he got in that area. But it's not going away. We called the vet and have an appt for end of the month, plus on the cancellation list. I'm worried it's cancer. Anyone have any experience with this??View attachment 101396

No clue what that could be.... please let us know what the vet has to say.

- - - Updated - - -

No clue what that could be.... please let us know what the vet has to say.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
We've seen many bumps and lumps over the years and it's very rare that they are anything more than a lypoma or sebaceous cyst. However, whenever we find one we monitor it closely and if it begins to grow or is relatively large(10 mm or larger) when discovered, we have it aspirated/biopsy. If large enough to warrant removal, we have them removed. I would be astounded if it were more than a benign nugget on a one year old pup.

OP
D

Diesel10

Nov 29, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Hi everyone, just thought I would update you on diesels lump- it seems to have resolved and disappeared! I did the warm cloth suggestion for a few days and gone! Strange after a month of it being there. But we are happy! Thanks everyone!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hi everyone, just thought I would update you on diesels lump- it seems to have resolved and disappeared! I did the warm cloth suggestion for a few days and gone! Strange after a month of it being there. But we are happy! Thanks everyone!

This is wonderful news!!! Great and happy to hear :) That's what we're all here for - to help each other out!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Great news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Wonderful News, so Glad that he is ok now. When Elmo gets even a tiny scratch I worry about him. But how we All Love Our Bullies.

Most Reactions