Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Butt Scootin Boogie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Butt Scootin Boogie

If you can have your vet teach you how to palpate and express the glads yourself. For the price of some gloves and K-Y you will save lots of money on your baby. It's not a hard thing to learn.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

If you can have your vet teach you how to palpate and express the glads yourself. For the price of some gloves and K-Y you will save lots of money on your baby. It's not a hard thing to learn.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

I love him but I rather pay if need be to get that done But actually my vet does anal expression free if he sees the animal on a regular basis, and beleive me he does
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco, Roxy, Nico, Tank
    Likes (Received)

HI there, I hope your bully is feeling better. I have several bullies and my two males do have to have their anal glands excreted from time to time. It's not a big thing for the vet to do it. What I also know is the ear infections and itchiness are also symptoms of allergies. One of my males is on special food and allergy medication daily. Bullies can be high maintenance. I wipe their faces, wrinkles, tailpockets and feet daily with unscented wipes. Glad you are here to ask questions and we are here to help one another.

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

I've never had to have any of the dogs we've had...glands expressed. The vet said they don't mess with them until it becomes an issue. [Though that was my last vet...]

@rayers The next time you are at the vet's for a check up...I would ask the vet to check to be certain if your bulldog doesn't have a tail pocket. Tank's tail pocket is "tight" and isn't easily found unless you knew what you were looking for. There are techniques to reach those tight pockets too. But...if you aren't sure definitely have a vet make sure. For not cleaning one could lead to an infection.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads