Help Needed! Joey is very sore under tail!!!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hello all, thanks in advance for any help.

We are on vacation and Joey has been swimming daily. Well I'm embarrassed and heart broken to say that I didn't know enough to dry there. She is very very sore now. I dried it good and used baby wipe, kept her out of pool yesterday.

I have Vetericyn spray, gold bond powder, and neosporin with me. I have no idea in what order to use and what's best.

PLEASE someone help, I'm truly heartbroken that I messed up.

Sue

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Is it there any bleeding? When Fezzik had issues I cleaned with witch hazel every time after he pooped. Then I used a cotton pad to apply desitin. A day or so after I didn't get bleeding or a lot of discharge I wiped with witch hazel and then used gold bond powder. Best thing to do is keep it clean and dry. You could also use a hair dryer but mine won't sit still.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Thank you Kim, I did see a little rusty colored discharge on wipe. Of the things that I listed that I have what should I use now? Until I get home? Any order to what I should do?

sdefilippo

Jul 4, 2016
Upstate, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno, Lola (2012 - 2016)
You're welcome. I lost my bully due to severe epilepsy and I kept asking myself if I could have saved her by doing this or that. It's not worth it. We do the very best we can!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
If it's always moist and won't dry up try Desitin....works very well. This one has more zinc stick to this brand. Purple tube.

Desitin*cream is*used for: Preventing and treating diaper rash. It can also be*used*to treat minor skin irritations (eg, cuts, burns, and scrapes, poison ivy). It works by providing a skin barrier to prevent and help heal skin irritation.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Thank you Kim, I did see a little rusty colored discharge on wipe. Of the things that I listed that I have what should I use now? Until I get home? Any order to what I should do?

Clean with the veterycin and then apply gold bond. I recommend using cotton pads to keep the bottles clean and as sterile as possible. Get some desitin when you can as it will be the best substance for this instance.

At least that's what I would do if I only had those materials.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Thanks all! I will have desitin soon, until then will follow instructions exactly.

Again thank you!!!!!!

Amy G

May 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Selma
These Q&A's are so helpful. Just to clarify, Destin cream and not the ointment correct?

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
I clean our bulldogs tail pocket with a mixture of Witch Hazel and baby gold bond mixed together in a little squirt bottle,works great..Good luck and good healing..

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Sue,

here is an advice for you. Guilt is such a wasteful use of energy, please don't do it.

Go to CVS and get a chlorhexedine 4% (Hibiclens). Pour that on a tissue/napkin and wipe.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Sue,

here is an advice for you. Guilt is such a wasteful use of energy, please don't do it.

Go to CVS and get a chlorhexedine 4% (Hibiclens). Pour that on a tissue/napkin and wipe.

Your kindness is overwhelming!! Thank you! Home in the morning and Joey WILL heal !!!

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Poor Joey :( Murray and I send hugs and healing thoughts and prayers your way

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.