Help Needed! Joey is very sore under tail!!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I know I'm late but a good clean, dry, then Desitin will do wonders. How is sweet Joey now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hi all !! Well finally got home Saturday, got witch hazel and the baby gold bond, I'm still looking for the Hibiclens. I've been cleaning twice daily and applying spray neosporin because it smelled funny. Now today after morning cleaning I will use the gold bond, then after the evening cleaning desitin. If I don't see a vast improvement by tomorrow will call the vet BUT I believe that we're seeing healing......THANK YOU ALL !!!!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hi all !! Well finally got home Saturday, got witch hazel and the baby gold bond, I'm still looking for the Hibiclens. I've been cleaning twice daily and applying spray neosporin because it smelled funny. Now today after morning cleaning I will use the gold bond, then after the evening cleaning desitin. If I don't see a vast improvement by tomorrow will call the vet BUT I believe that we're seeing healing......THANK YOU ALL !!!!!!

Ask for Hibiclens (32 oz is most cost efficient) at the Pharmacist's counter. I think it needs dilution tho, [MENTION=12554]harveyspecter[/MENTION], is that correct?

Praying for y'all, let us know.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Go to CVS for the Hibiclens.... in the same aisle as the peroxide and witch hazel.

Poor girl... sorry I'm late

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hello all you WONDERFUL friends!!!! FINALLY some improvement with Joey's under tail area!! Couldn't find Hibiclens at one CVS, going to Walmart after work. Even though its looking better I like the idea of using an antimicrobial solution for now too.

Any word on dilute or not?

Thank you all!!!!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Joey in Pool.jpg

Where the trouble began......I WILL NEVER EVER FORGET this !!! Dry, dry, dry, dry......

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
View attachment 101273

Where the trouble began......I WILL NEVER EVER FORGET this !!! Dry, dry, dry, dry......

To answer question up above - Yes, definitely dilute! I'd say 1 part hibi to 4 parts water. You want to dilute it until the water is a very light pink color.

Oh, and this picture is just precious, besides the aftermath, she look so so happy!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Go to CVS for the Hibiclens.... in the same aisle as the peroxide and witch hazel.

Poor girl... sorry I'm late

So is this hibiclens that good? I keep desitins because of high factor in zinc. Never seen hibiclen here unless it's under another name. Just wondering if I should order a small bottle and keepmit around the house.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] I am ordering the Hibiclens from amazon since I cannot find anywhere in stores. I love the idea of the antimicrobial aspect. I've never used it but that's what so many here recommend so I will be sure to have it on hand. Jessica did give dilution instructions too, I'll be sure to follow.

- - - Updated - - -

Joey tail update....SO MUCH BETTER!!!!! No more foul smell, no goop, all nice and clean and dry. WHEW...........

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.