URGENT!!! I just found out my sweet bully has cancer :(

advaf

Sep 15, 2016
Country
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lenny
Hi y'all.
I'm sorry for doing this as "urgent" but I'm so devastated. I found out 3 days ago that my sweet 6 years old boy has lymphoma cancer.
The vet said this is a very quick cancer but it responds very good to chemo.
I don't know what to do :( I cannot really afford those treatments but at the same time im so afraid of losing him!! I've had him since he was 5 weeks old and he means the world to me!!!
He doesn't eat like he normally does. He seems more tired. I've been feeding him Royal Canin but now i'm feeding him home cooked meals which he loves!!
Has anyone experienced this before? I just don't know what to prepare myself for and i'm just so so sad :(

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Im very sorry to see this. google financial aid for vet bills, there is also care credit through the vets office. Whatever you decide, know I am praying for you.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I'm very sorry to hear this. I'm praying things work out for you as you need them to.

Bella and I send lots of love!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh I'm so very sorry to hear this... I'm not sure where you can get help for your vet bills, but I will tag some members that may have some info. We will be praying for your sweet boy!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Devastating news, my heart goes out to you, it's so difficult to see them struggle :(
Please give your sweet boy LOVE from Cami & me...I will include y'all in my prayers.
I have autoimmune disease and know myself the power of whole foods to help our
bodies heal themselves. Are you researching holistic Vets for this particular cancer
& specific diet & supplements?

Hoping someone knowledgeable responds, please keep us updated...big hugs to you!

RipleyandBentley

May 13, 2013
Brighton, Colorado
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Ripley Jaxon & Bentley Winston
My heart goes out to you. My Ripley went to the rainbow bridge on June 9th. He had Lymphoma Cancer as well. We put him through 3 different Chemo treatments this past year and so we got him a year longer than we should of. He was 3 when he was diagnosed. It broke my heart as well as he was my everything. The Chemo treatments were expensive but I did it as I would of tried anything to keep him here with me. He did well on all three treatments as far as he never got sick and he still acted as though he was a puppy and had lots of energy. I think it was was tougher on my husband and I as we knew the day was coming. It was so sad and my heart breaks for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I am so sorry, I don't have any experience, I just want to say I'm thinking of you and your boy, hoping for the best outcome<3

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
I'm so sorry! My cat had that, she was only 4. It started with a tumor on her neck, we had it removed. But it has spread internally. From diagnosis to the time we put her down was 6 months. They wanted to try chemo but it wasn't a guarantee and she was already too weak so we just cherished the time with her. I wish I had better news but yes it is very aggressive. My vet made me feel guilty for not trying everything possible to save her but mentally she was gone, she would sleep in her litterbox, hid under the couch and refused to eat. Don't let anyone make you feel bad about your decision! Cherish every moment.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
So sorry to be reading this thread. I don't have any bully experience with cancer and my heart breaks for you. Sending hugs, positive thoughts and healing prayers your way

lassielynn

Sep 15, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rubin
I know exactly how you feel. I buried my bulldog a week ago today. He was 12+ years old so I was lucky to have him that long. However, he had his problems. it was last year at this time he had a mass cell tumor removed and was put on chemo, 3 times a week pill. Luckily, we had pet insurance so it was paid for. His drug was Paladia. It's a really good drug so ask your vet about it. He took one Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The other days he took Peroxicam, which is an nsaid. I don't know if you'd have success with the lymphoma, but I will tell you that I've seen a lot of Bullies have problems as such a young age as yours. I miss my Rubin so much that I am still in denial that he's gone. Just love your Bully as much as you can. I will never get another one. I loved him too much and now I feel like I'm suffering without him. You're not alone.

OP
A

advaf

Sep 15, 2016
Country
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lenny
Thank you so much for the suppurt! This is a very difficult time for me.
Yesterday we spoke to the vet and she said that she doesn't recommend chemo because she thinks he's too weak for that and too old. I am taking him to a second opinion on Monday. It's a vet that specializes in alternative medicine from what I was told.
I researched alote and I am feeding him dr. Demian diet.
It seems like Lenny is losing his appetite and he sleeps alote. He has a look on his eyes that he's in pain and I feel lost. I give him all the love and suppurt but it's just so painful!
I appreciate all your sweet messages. It does give me strength :-)

OP
A

advaf

Sep 15, 2016
Country
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lenny
image.jpeg

This is Lenny my sweet boy &#55357;&#56473;

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Lenny is a beautiful boy! We'll be praying for his recovery.

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I'll be praying for God's blessings for you and your sweet Lenny baby. I'm so sorry you guys are going through this. He's a precious little guy.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Such a handsome boy. Not experienced with this at all but I would love to send prayers and love to you both. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online