Help Needed! Cough with spit up

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
Long story short Tiberius has had a bit of a runny nose and been slight cough with white foamy spit up not really vomit. Been mostly holding down food and water. He has had all his shots and heartworm meds. He did start at a doggy daycare mid August so he wouldn't be stuck in his crate for 8+ hours a day. Not sure if I should try to see if he gets better or head to the vet. He doesn't seem to have a fever as been slightly lethargic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
If he goes to doggy care is it a rule all dogs has to have tge Kennel cough shot? Here in Canada we have to. Not sure in the US.

OP
ldenne

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
We were told all dogs had to have it - we made sure he had it before he started.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=14543]ldenne[/MENTION] - Sorry to hear you baby is not feeling well - Ellie had to have that shot in order to go to her daycare as well.

How long has he had the cough?? any fever??

IMO, and from what I have read and been told regardless if you get kennel cough shots, they do guard against most strains, however, there are still other strains that can be spread around. Some dogs carry it but do not show symptoms. So with your little cutie being at daycare, just to be on the safe side I would check with the vet and see what they advise, as anything in the lung can be a bugger to get rid of.

I'm sure he will be just fine, keep us posted!!

OP
ldenne

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
So far he is doing a bit better we have kept him home the past two days and he has been coughing spitting up less over the last 24hours so hopefully he's getting better. He was acting more like himself this morning. He hasn't had a fever and the cough only started on Wednesday

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ive watched a documentation once on kennel cough shots and according to most vets they say its not worth giving that shot to any dog as it doesn't protect much. But its a government rule and you have no choice. Go figure.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So far he is doing a bit better we have kept him home the past two days and he has been coughing spitting up less over the last 24hours so hopefully he's getting better. He was acting more like himself this morning. He hasn't had a fever and the cough only started on Wednesday

How is your boy doing?

OP
ldenne

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
He's doing a lot better acting like his normal self. Did good over the weekend no issues which is great. [emoji4]. I still watched what he ate and didn't let him have extra snacks and we gave him and his crate and the living area where he is a very good wash down so hopefully that will help too.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.