Update! Soft palate surgery on older bulldog.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Great news! So happy it went well. Give her bland diet for a few days!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It really is so great, I'm feeling 100kg lighter:whew: The surgeon called, he's happy with how the operation went but he says that Joey's nares are still tight "inside"... he widened what he could. He also said because of her large tongue she'll always have some degree of breathing issues, it's simply in the way.

But ja... things are looking good:) I can't wait to get her home, she's greatly missed<3

So so wonderful!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] i am so overjoyed that Joey came through her surgery so well! I know that wonderful feeling of relief for you,and you certainly deserve it! We have all been praying for you and Joey,and your family! Yay! Yay!:pray::yes::heartsign:

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I'm almost glad I just saw this post so I didn't have all the worry but just the thankfulness of it being over and doing well... Oh boy what frets these dear ones bring us. So glad this all went well...

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Thanks everyone for thinking of us<3 We arrived home with Joey last night at 10 PM, we were all exhausted. Joey ate her late dinner with good appetite even though she struggles a little with the soft food as her tongue makes it hard for her to manage food like that.

She's got some snot coming out from her nose but I guess that's normal after Naroplasty? and her poop is very loose at this stage... I'm hoping it will get better once she goes back on her normal food... Right now she eats Hills A/D canned food that we got prescribed by the vet.

She's been sleeping basically all day today, but it's good, she's on restricted exercise for the next three weeks.

Her breathing does seem better already even though she still has some healing to do:)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great to hear she's doing well! If she normally eats kibble why not just add some water to it and put in the fridge for a while??? It's better to eat her normal food and like that you can make it soft and cold....

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Great to hear she's doing well! If she normally eats kibble why not just add some water to it and put in the fridge for a while??? It's better to eat her normal food and like that you can make it soft and cold....

Thanks Riikka:) I gave her half soaked pellets/half Hills this morning, I'm hoping it will help her tummy to come right quickly. The canned food smells really really terribly and she farts like crazy:eek:

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Joey, you're a little trooper!! So glad you're back home and everything went well and you're breathing easier. Sending lots of hugs and healing thoughts and prayers your way :)

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Great to hear she's home and doing ok. Castor threw up a bit and his tummy was upset the first week or so. He got some pills for nauseau for some time. When we put him on boiled rice and chicken his tummy settled within a day or so.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
You know, On keeping her on her regular food, I wanted to do that once and so I put it in my little blender, like a coffee grinder type thing, but it really is a blender, and then soaked it that way so there were no lumps.. just an idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Joey, I am so Glad that you are doing Great, You are a real trooper. I Love You Miss Joey, keep up the good works, I know You can Honey.

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online