AdorabullHenry

Jun 9, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
My Henry has some small bumps all over his hind quarters. They seem to have just came and actually seem to be getting worse by the minute. He isnt itching them, and he doesnt have any other symptoms. Yesterday we took him to some apple picking farms, lots of people bring there pups and he played and romped for hours. Immediately when we got home we bathed him with his normal shampoo, no bumps then. I also used a new brush on him during his bath, one of those rubber ones. Besides that everything with him is normal. Worried hes having an allergic reaction, we're giving him benadryl now. Has anyone experienced this before?? How urgent is this?? They are barely noticable but heres a pic. 20160912_190544.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
You did the right thing w/the benadryl... usually I advice people if you see any excessive drooling or breathing heavily I would rush them immediately to the vets. Hives can go internally and that is when it's an emergency...

I'm cracking up at his green coat, I'm taking it he had a good time... Lol

Please let us know how he's doing this morning...

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Great job on the Benadryl, as Tracey mentioned above as long as breathing isn't affected - he should be fine. But if you start to notice any panting, trouble breathing, excess drooling, etc - ER vet right away. How is he doing today?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hoping [MENTION=15984]AdorabullHenry[/MENTION] is doing better today?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
That is what I was thinking.

You know, I buy organic apples as they are like what they supposed to be back when, small and not 3 apples in one that taste nothing. Ok that was my 2 cents lol

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Well it is almost that time of the year now that my father will by buying the unpasteurized cider. He opens the bottle up, let's it air for about 30 minutes, closes it up, and then waits 24-48 hours to get a little hard. Good stuff.

OP
AdorabullHenry

AdorabullHenry

Jun 9, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
We didnt actually pick or go to close to the trees, he did roll around in some grass and hay though, i have a feeling that is what caused this, simply because nothing else has changed. Thank you for the link

OP
AdorabullHenry

AdorabullHenry

Jun 9, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Thank you for the reply. He definitely had a blast, i havr a feeling the grass and hay has to be the cause because of the timing snd nothing else has changed. I was up all night monitoring his breathing, and he seemed fine. Snorimg like a lawn mower as usual. If his breathing is fine but the hives dont go away for a few days should i still take him to the vet?

- - - Updated - - -

Hoping [MENTION=15984]AdorabullHenry[/MENTION] is doing better today?
He seems fine, other than the bumps. Breathing is good and not really itching.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15984]AdorabullHenry[/MENTION] It usually takes a few days for hives to go away. I would give him the benedryl-as long as they don't get worse. If they get worse,then you should go to vet. Alot of times, if there are apples on the ground-there are knats. Could have gotten bitten-just a thought. I had a horse who was allergic to knat bites. Glad Henry is doing better.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Probably got bit by something.... you did all the right things --- bathing and Benedryl

OP
AdorabullHenry

AdorabullHenry

Jun 9, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Thank you that makes me feel a lot better

OP
AdorabullHenry

AdorabullHenry

Jun 9, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Knats could be a good point. I was thinking maybe chiggers or something in the grass cause he was rolling around so much

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
How is [MENTION=15984]AdorabullHenry[/MENTION] doing today? I think if he had chiggers, he would have been quite itchy!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.