Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hives on my Bully

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hives on my Bully

You have been given great advice already from members above. I agree with everyone's ideas that it's an allergic reaction of some kind, either environmental, food or insect bite. Dozer got the same kind of hives all over his body a couple of years ago, and I gave him Benadryl. It took 3 days for them to totally clear up, and I never did find out what caused them. I hope they clear up quickly, and that Sully feels better soon. These guys are so sensitive to so many things, and to any changes in their food or environment. You may never figure out what caused the hives, but they will clear up.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sully
    Likes (Received)

Breathing has been fine. Gave him Benadryl for about 24 hours until we could get back into a different vet. New vet told me that it most likely was an insect bite, but it's definitely an allergic reaction to something. The hives have definitely done down, but are still slightly visible. I think we are on the way to recovery. Thanks for your reply!

3. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sully
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for your reply too! I gave him Benadryl until I could get him back into a new and recommended area vet. His hives definitely decreased prior to seeing the next vet, but were still present. She confirmed that it was an allergic reaction, but since he was on the mend decided against any shots and just continue with the Benadryl. Scared the life out of me though. Poor guy. Thanks again!

5. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels, Manydogs liked this post
    Real Name
    Caitlin
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biscuit
    Likes (Received)

I agree with environmental reaction. Happened to my girl pitbull one time and freaked me out. The vet gave her prednisone and they went right away. But she does have confirmed allergies but I think some things are an instant trigger. Glad they are going away!

7. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

One of my dogs is very allergic to any stings. I have to keep Pred. and Benedryl on hand. Bad case of hives can be dangerous,if swelling of throat happens. Do not take hives lightly.** Happy to know that Sully is on the mend now.** Be cautious-next time could be worse.Sometimes they can be more sensitive the next time.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Regina gets these hives sometimes -- it has always been from some grass or plant she rolled in on her walk we think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads