General Question Nasal Congestion .... Benadryl is not helping. Any Suggestions?

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
My 'Maximus' suffers from constant nasal congestion, and is forever blowing out his nose all over my house,
but even with that he is still congested nasally. I give him Benadryl 2X per day and it just doesn't seem to help. Sometimes I have to go in to his nare with a Q-tip and clean out the congestion.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hey there Patrick... when I first had Nyala she had this terrible cold. Green slim everywhere! ! 2 days non stop in eyes n nose n coughing... I use alot of essential oils. Some dont believe in it but I sure do. Vet gave antibiotics and before using them I put my diffuser over her kennel all night with eucalyptus, tea tree, mint. Just need 2 drops of each. Within 24hrs worse was gone! Took 2 days and never came back..... read below :)

The health benefits of*eucalyptus oil*are well-known and wide ranging, and its properties include anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, decongestant, deodorant, antiseptic, antibacterial, stimulating, and other medicinal qualities.*Eucalyptus essential oil*is colorless and has a distinctive taste and odor.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Try Clartin or Zyrtec.... i pill for the whole day. benedryl does not work for Lambeau, but Zyrtec does

Kristy

Aug 23, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubb Chubb
I think if Benedryl isn't working you should try something else like 2BullyMama mentioned. There should be something else causing his nasal congestion though...especially if its ongoing? maybe he has a nasal infection? i'd e-mail my Vet and ask what could be causing it and have it checked out.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online