CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
So sorry to be reading this and hearing of the loss of your handsome boy Brutus. My deepest condolences to you and your family, it is a terrible loss. It certainly sounds like he was loved a great deal and had a great life. R.I.P. Brutus

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
So sorry to hear about your loss. I am sure you are looking for answers to try to understand what may had happened to your baby. It's hard specially being so sudden.

Again, let your heart heal and rest in peace because you gave your baby a wonderful life. And even if he was in pain he was next to the think he loves the most, YOU!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=16321]brutusla[/MENTION] So sad to hear of your beautiful boy's passing. Sadly,over the years,I have lost many. The best consolation I have,is that they were not alone when they passed. No matter how much time we have with them,or our loved ones, it is never enough. I know how much it hurts but be grateful for all the years you had together. One of the best cures is another pup. Not a replacement,but a new love. Brutus loved you,and the life you provided for him.

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
so sorry for your loss.. i know your pain all to well.. it hurts I know.. my odie went to fast.. my vet thinks it was possibly a blood clot because of the recent sickness he had from the couple weeks before.. he was in ICU a few days but was on the road to recovery then it all happened so fast.. it was two years ago and i still cry when i think of him..some memories are now smiles and it will be for you too... thanks for giving him a great life and i know its probably not something you have thought of yet but it warms my heart knowing there are people like you that can give an animal a great life so I hope you consider letting another brutus get a chance to have a happy life.. just a thought..

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I am so very sorry for your sudden loss. Although it was difficult for you, it was a good thing that you were there with him when he passed. You'll know everything possible was done and that he was doing what he loved, spending time with you. I can't answer your questions about his health but I am shedding some tears with you and saying prayers. It takes time for the heart to heal.

Mutsch Harvesting

Jan 1, 2016
SOUTH Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brosco
Good afternoon forum,
This is my first post as I am a new member. I had an English Bulldog , Brutus, suddenly pass away yesterday. To give you some background he was 10 years old and never had major health issues. Some minor ones such as ear wax, hot spots early in life, pinched nerve, but nothing major. Yesterday afternoon he made a couple yelps similar to what he did when he had the pinched nerve so I made an apt for him today as last time they gave him a shot and all was good. He then started panting which I figured was due to the nerve problem. I went to get a package off the porch in which he came with me. He went down the steps used the bathroom and came back in with me as always. When we walked inside he sat down while I opened the package and then followed me into the living room again as normal. When we walked into the living room he dropped like a ton of bricks all fours spread out and stiff. I went down to him and his eyes were dilated and he took a couple short breaths and was gone. I knew it was too late but I rushed him to a near by vet where they worked on him but he was gone. The vet was kind enough to run a xray for me where she could see where his nerve was likely pinched. She also showed me how he had fluids in his mid section where it should have been air. In Mid August he had his yearly check up with no issues being noted. When he passed his eyes seemed to want to pop out and when I put him in the truck his tongue was white. If anybody could share if they have experienced this before or know of a possible answer to what might have happen please do......Thank you for you time.

so so sorry to hear your pain..... Very sad for you

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online