Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sudden Death

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sudden Death

We had a Pug who lived to be 16 years old that started having seizures. He had one then just kind of laid there then woke up as if nothing had happened. One Saturday morning he had a seizure and just did not wake up. We took him to our vet. While waiting for the vet to come in, our boy passed away in my wife's lap. We were devastated just as you are now.

Jewel, Bentley, and the rest of our family send you our sincerest condolences on the loss of your Brutus. We will keep you and Brutus in our thoughts and prayers during this critical time of need. God Bless.

2. Likes bullmama, CCandMurray, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

My heart breaks for you, I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace sweet boy. Such a handsome boy.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

4. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Miina and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

So sorry for your loss. He will live in your heart forever.

6. Likes CCandMurray liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)

So sorry to be reading this and hearing of the loss of your handsome boy Brutus. My deepest condolences to you and your family, it is a terrible loss. It certainly sounds like he was loved a great deal and had a great life. R.I.P. Brutus

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

So sorry to hear about your loss. I am sure you are looking for answers to try to understand what may had happened to your baby. It's hard specially being so sudden.

Again, let your heart heal and rest in peace because you gave your baby a wonderful life. And even if he was in pain he was next to the think he loves the most, YOU!

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro
    Likes (Received)

@brutusla So sad to hear of your beautiful boy's passing. Sadly,over the years,I have lost many. The best consolation I have,is that they were not alone when they passed. No matter how much time we have with them,or our loved ones, it is never enough. I know how much it hurts but be grateful for all the years you had together. One of the best cures is another pup. Not a replacement,but a new love. Brutus loved you,and the life you provided for him.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Bully Bootie Duty BuddercupKelly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

so sorry for your loss.. i know your pain all to well.. it hurts I know.. my odie went to fast.. my vet thinks it was possibly a blood clot because of the recent sickness he had from the couple weeks before.. he was in ICU a few days but was on the road to recovery then it all happened so fast.. it was two years ago and i still cry when i think of him..some memories are now smiles and it will be for you too... thanks for giving him a great life and i know its probably not something you have thought of yet but it warms my heart knowing there are people like you that can give an animal a great life so I hope you consider letting another brutus get a chance to have a happy life.. just a thought..

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

I am so very sorry for your sudden loss. Although it was difficult for you, it was a good thing that you were there with him when he passed. You'll know everything possible was done and that he was doing what he loved, spending time with you. I can't answer your questions about his health but I am shedding some tears with you and saying prayers. It takes time for the heart to heal.
    Kalyn, mom to rescue boys:
    English Bulldog, DOB: March 3, 2010, rescued May 26, 2014
    American Cocker Spaniel, DOB: September 25, 2010, rescued June 1, 2011

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I am so very sorry for your loss.
    My smooshy face boy!

Quote Originally Posted by brutusla View Post
    Good afternoon forum,
    This is my first post as I am a new member. I had an English Bulldog , Brutus, suddenly pass away yesterday. To give you some background he was 10 years old and never had major health issues. Some minor ones such as ear wax, hot spots early in life, pinched nerve, but nothing major. Yesterday afternoon he made a couple yelps similar to what he did when he had the pinched nerve so I made an apt for him today as last time they gave him a shot and all was good. He then started panting which I figured was due to the nerve problem. I went to get a package off the porch in which he came with me. He went down the steps used the bathroom and came back in with me as always. When we walked inside he sat down while I opened the package and then followed me into the living room again as normal. When we walked into the living room he dropped like a ton of bricks all fours spread out and stiff. I went down to him and his eyes were dilated and he took a couple short breaths and was gone. I knew it was too late but I rushed him to a near by vet where they worked on him but he was gone. The vet was kind enough to run a xray for me where she could see where his nerve was likely pinched. She also showed me how he had fluids in his mid section where it should have been air. In Mid August he had his yearly check up with no issues being noted. When he passed his eyes seemed to want to pop out and when I put him in the truck his tongue was white. If anybody could share if they have experienced this before or know of a possible answer to what might have happen please do......Thank you for you time.
    so so sorry to hear your pain..... Very sad for you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads