Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A snippet of a quote about Apoquel

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A snippet of a quote about Apoquel

thanks.. gosh, i feel like a bad doggie parent sometimes.. i have decided, along with my vet, we will keep her on the drug and hopefully ween her from it completely soon.. shes still happy and plays more then i ever seen her play.. so as long as she feels good, i feel good.. gosh is this how it is being a parent to kids?, (i didn't have any) don't think i could of handled it.. this is bad enough.. lol..

2. Likes cefe13, 2BullyMama, Cali Doll liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

I had 3 dogs on apoquel. The first one had allergies so bad he could barely function...he was a lab mix. It was a miracle for him. He was on it a year before he passed...he was pretty old. Then I had my Boston Terrier and Yorkie on it. Both on it for around a year. It messed up their immune systems bad. Both ended up getting fungal infections, ear infections, hair loss, a bloated look to bellies and stomach issues. It does take care of allergies, just use it sparingly. My dogs were on it everyday for almost a year...not good. I will always wonder if it contributed to the death of my Lab...probably so.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Apoquel has been a life-saver for Bella, just like it's been for Abbey. Bella had gotten to the point where she would scratch constantly. It was all she did. She was miserable. Now, she's normal again. I give her 1/2 pill every day, which works most of the time. (I was doing one whole pill per day for a short while.)

I know the vet loves her enough to not risk her life. (They're the ones who told me to stop giving her one whole pill a day.)

Those side-effects are scary as hell, so I will monitor her. I'm very aware, though, that all meds (dog and human) have horrible side-effects as worst-case situations.

Thanks for the info. It's good to be aware.

Punky, you are NOT a bad parent. You love your dogs, that's obvious. If you're bad, I'm bad...and I'm not bad. LOL!
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bufflyn
    Likes (Received)

We are unable to get this drug in canada we have always wanted to try it because we cant find anything to control buffs itch, i guess maybe its a good thing we wernt able to try it, its maybe not quite the miracle drug we thought it was suppose to be...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads