Clicking joints

Dfestaiuti

Dec 1, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Beef (aka "the beast")
Hello all! So my year and a half year old bully Beef has been making these clicking sounds when he walks! I've tried moving each of his limbs to locate the sound when he's laying down and none of them make noise, I can't locate the sound! I've tried moving the hips, the knees, and the feet. None of them click when I do it manually. But as soon as he starts walking I hear the sounds again. He's not acting like he's in any pain at all, he's playing and running and acting 100% normal, so I have no idea what this could be. Any suggestions? I just ordered nuvet & nujoint so I will be starting him on both of those soon.

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
I noticed the clicking noise with Jersey when she was that age and did the same thing with bending her legs to hear/feel the clicking. It's definitely the joints (subluxing elbows/knees) but the noise is only weight bearing. I started her on Glucosamine Chondroitin for joint health. It was a few months before the clicking stopped, don't know if it was the pills or she just outgrew it. Try feeling for it while he's standing. Hope this helps! Blessings, Susan

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I too experienced this with one of my dogs. My vet checked her out,and said it was her knee. I started giving Gluco/Cond. as [MENTION=8888]Jersey[/MENTION] did, and I don't hear clicks anymore-In fact I forgot all about it! Nujoint should certainly help.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I used to give Glucosamine Chondroitin to my girl and she also got laser therapy as her age increased

OP
D

Dfestaiuti

Dec 1, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Beef (aka "the beast")
Thanks everyone! I started him on nujoint so hopefully that will help!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.