Help Needed! Bongo had an ear infection again!!

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi All,

Long time no talk. Bongo has a Yeast ear infection again it's his 2nd bout this summer. Vet gave him meds and they worked the first time one of the problems is yeast infections can be cause or made worse by moisture in the ears and his out brother Louie is always licking inside his ear and will stop if we catch him. I know he does it when we're not here. So the question is any home remedies/prevention for this type of ear infection and how do I get Louie to stop licking Bongos ears??? Help
de82e74526a3df940d184a28954ba0c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG Bongo is gorgeous!! Yeast is a beeotch! We have the same issue and one thing I've been doing that has helped... I mix witch hazel and apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle and spray Lambeu's ears with it. At first, i was doing it everyday, now I am down to one a week and his ears have been staying clear. It might also be a deterant for the licking

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=15271]Mutsch Harvesting[/MENTION] story from one of our members

From [MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION]*/SarahIt's been a little while since I've posted so to catch up...Sgt.Schultz is turning 10 tomorrow and is still full of himself. His health has been pretty good (lots of maintenance) but I wouldn't trade him for the world.I've been home cooking for about 3 years (in a pinch we use a grain free honest kitchen that we add a protein to) and this seems to work well for his*system.His*chronic ear infections have been healed with a blend of essential oils that we apply weekly with a cotton balls - better than any antibiotic or vet supplied ear drop.Here is the essential oil recipe for ear infections or just maintaining good ear*health.Spray*on cotton ball and wipe out ears ...don't spray directly in*ears.In*a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine:15 drops Lavender15 drops Geranium15 drops Frankincense15 drops Basil10 drops ArborvitaeFractionated*Coconut Oil*to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way fullShake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infectionsIf ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated*coconut oil*on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.