Help! Need advice please Squinting/not opening eye after cherry eye surgery

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
It's not been a great appointment so far :( Murray did have a little bit of a set back last Sunday when he had managed to get the vet issued e collar off and chewed and scratched at his eye with his paw so the vet says it's only looking a teeny bit better from last Saturday. They're keeping him and going to sedate him and look at the tissue/cells to see what's going on and if the new cells are not coming in properly in the corner of his eye so it's not healing right. The good news is that the vet who did his cherry eye surgery is also there today and will be looking at it as well. I'm so frustrated right now, I feel like he's gone through so much with his eyes and I feel like it's my fault that he got the collar off last weekend and if that hadn't happened he'd be fine by now. They said they have some appointments this morning so they won't get to do it until noon, I'll keep you guys posted when I have an update. Positive thoughts and prayers are always appreciated by Murray and I.

Did not want to see this update, BUT - do not worry. He will be just fine. Nothing is your fault. The great thing is that you trust your vet, and they know what's best for him. Minor setback, but he will get better. You know we are always here for ya, sending prayers up that all goes perfectly! Hopefully its nothing major, and he'll heal up with some additional meds. Sending hugs to you both... and yes, please keep us posted as soon as you hear from them!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Disappointed that Murray will not get to have cone off & eye is needing further treatment.

We do the best we can, Carolyn, but we are not omnipotent and can't be everywhere and
in control of everything (said by one who labored under that delusion way too long).

Forgive yourself and release that lie (and stress) as you need calm, strength & confidence
to stay on top of this. Beating yourself up will drain your power, don't do it!

Praying now for Murray's healing and for your weary heart...it's all going to be okay.

One step & one day at a time, you KNOW you are doing all you can do, rest in that, xoxo

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
We just got home. Murray is in a sleepy snoozy haze and resting in bed. Basically they sedated him and went in and scraped some of the bad tissue from the ulcer so hopefully now it'll heal properly, they said it might look a little worse before it looks better. We go for a follow up next Friday but the doctor said he'll likely need the cone for a few more weeks :( I have to admit I was a little irritated when I went to pick him up because the vet who has seen him related to the corneal ulcer had already left for the day and left the tech to give me the instructions. Fortunately, Murray's other vet who did both cherry eye surgeries was there and also looked at his eye so we'll be following up with her next week. Would have liked to have seen her initially but she was on vacation so I'm glad to have her in the loop now. Thanks everybody for checking in and your well wishes :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Aggravating for sure and really hate to hear that his eye might look worse for awhile, ARRRRGH!

I'm not a patient person so this would be hard on me....will pray you & Murray do better and
Cami & I cheer y'all on and you know EBN is here for hand holding if you need to vent again.

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
I'm so sorry to hear that this isn't going as hoped! Carolyn you and Murray are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang on, I know it will get better! Much love, Susan

We just got home. Murray is in a sleepy snoozy haze and resting in bed. Basically they sedated him and went in and scraped some of the bad tissue from the ulcer so hopefully now it'll heal properly, they said it might look a little worse before it looks better. We go for a follow up next Friday but the doctor said he'll likely need the cone for a few more weeks :( I have to admit I was a little irritated when I went to pick him up because the vet who has seen him related to the corneal ulcer had already left for the day and left the tech to give me the instructions. Fortunately, Murray's other vet who did both cherry eye surgeries was there and also looked at his eye so we'll be following up with her next week. Would have liked to have seen her initially but she was on vacation so I'm glad to have her in the loop now. Thanks everybody for checking in and your well wishes :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My goodness what an ordeal for Murray and mama! Hope you both get a good nights rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sorry to hear that his healing is going to take longer. I know it is stressful for you and Murray. We all hate the cone,and it is a necessary evil. Everyone is praying for Murray's healing,and hang in there, all will be well,though I know it is tough right now! [MENTION=14810]CCandMurray[/MENTION]

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I may have missed a post somewhere? How is Murray doing with his eye? Hoping to hear good things.... [MENTION=14810]CCandMurray[/MENTION]

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=14810]CCandMurray[/MENTION]. Just finished catching up here. I know it's always easier said than done but just hang in there and be patient as Mr M needs momma. You just have a very active Bully like Nyala and these dogs needs to be kept under surveillance more than others. Don't forget, he's young, he's healthy with no major health issues :) This will clear up soon. He's just adding more gray hair for ya! Lol

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
We just came back from Murray's check up. His eye is healing but not healed yet so we're staying on the drops and have three more days of the oral meds and then those will be done. back next Friday for a check up but she said it could take a full month till it's healed and we are cone free

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Yea!! No more cone!! :jumping::dance5::happydance::jumpdance::dance2::nightfever: Bet that's a relief for both of you! I'm so glad to hear that Murray's eye is healing, I guess some things just take time. Thanks for keeping us updated and praying that next Friday's visit brings more good news! :pray: Love and hugs to you both! Susan and Jersey

We just came back from Murray's check up. His eye is healing but not healed yet so we're staying on the drops and have three more days of the oral meds and then those will be done. back next Friday for a check up but she said it could take a full month till it's healed and we are cone free

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Yea!! No more cone!! :jumping::dance5::happydance::jumpdance::dance2::nightfever: Bet that's a relief for both of you! I'm so glad to hear that Murray's eye is healing, I guess some things just take time. Thanks for keeping us updated and praying that next Friday's visit brings more good news! :pray: Love and hugs to you both! Susan and Jersey

No more cone in a month, hopefully. He's still in the cone until the vet says it's ok

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I'm extremely late, but I read through everything. Bella and I wish you and Murray the best and quick healing.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.