Help! Need advice please Squinting/not opening eye after cherry eye surgery

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Hi guys! I'm hoping you can help before I go in full blown panic mode. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Murray had cherry eye surgery a few weeks ago and tonight he's squinting and at times not opening his eye and I'm not sure what to do. Has anyone been through this before????

Same thing happened to Tyson with his first surgery. The vet mentioned some times the knot placed in the melt away suture can irritate them and you also have the possibility that they can have an allergic reaction to the suture. You know these babies never make it easy. He ended up having to remove Ty's suture because for some reason the damn thing never melted away. If you still have the post-op ointment use it until you see the vet. That way the eye will stay moist and not become ulcerated. Good luck! Sending you both prayers and love. It's really hard to watch them struggle with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=14810]CCandMurray[/MENTION] Hoping to hear that Murray is making continued progress,and his eye is doing and feeling better! Continued prayers for you both!:pray2:

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
[MENTION=14810]CCandMurray[/MENTION] Hoping to hear that Murray is making continued progress,and his eye is doing and feeling better! Continued prayers for you both!:pray2:

Thanks for the prayers! He's doing ok. I had a brief moment of panic when I came home from work tonight to discover he outsmarted the soft cone but the joke is on him because I sewed it into his collar! It's looking a little better, still not great but the vet said that it would take longer for it to heal since his eye was still recovering from the cherry eye surgery :( I am hopeful that we are headed out of the woods and that the vet has good news for us on Saturday at the follow up. Thanks so much for checking in and thinking of us

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I think we're starting to see improvement, what do you guys think? image.jpeg

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I think we're starting to see improvement, what do you guys think? View attachment 100908

Now, that's a very beautiful face! Only came to this thread now - hope Murray is feeling better. The eye looks good, doesn't it? Castor had an ulcer a year or so ago and he squinted and clearly was in pain. If I remember correctly it healed up pretty quickly. Say hi to Murray!

OP
CCandMurray

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Hey guys, we just got home from the vet for Murray's follow up. The ulcer is not gone but it is healing and is a lot smaller than Monday. She gave us more drops and meds and we go back for another follow up next Friday.

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Awesome news Carolyn! Thanks for the update. Now maybe you can relax a little and enjoy the holiday weekend! Blessings, Susan and Jersey

Hey guys, we just got home from the vet for Murray's follow up. The ulcer is not gone but it is healing and is a lot smaller than Monday. She gave us more drops and meds and we go back for another follow up next Friday.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Murray, your eye looks Great now, I am so Glad that your eye has healed. You are so Good Looking Murray, A Handsome Guy You Are Honey.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

At least it is going away with the meds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.